Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 20:50   #1
BHPian

Car (FIAT Adventure) standing since 4.5 months, waiting spares to get repaired.

I own a FIAT Adventure. Rather team-bhp played pivotal role in me buying this car, as my whole know how about car came from team-bhp only.
It wasn't available in Gurgaon, so I hunted for it and found one in Agra. Then there was no bank ready to finance it apart from TATA and Kotak, because all my docs were from Gurgaon and i wanted to buy it from Agra.
And surprisngly TATA was giving higher interest rate for this car, because this was no longer manufactured. I wonder, how TATA is doing good to FIAT. Also the other activities like Insurance and registration of this car was done by myself only, I get nill assistance from FIAT or TATA or any dealer for all these activities.
I bought it in Nov 2007.

The details are
Model Name: FIAT Adventure 1.6 Sports
Bought in: Nov. 2007
Reg. No: HR26-AP5504, registered in Gurgaon

Now as with almost all FIAT owners, I too faced problems in geting spares, and keep on hunting for them from one service center to other. I was sort ready for this and accepted it.
But then one fine day My Car met with an accident in Gurgaon, and since then I am going through agony.
Atfer the accident I immediately send the car to the authorised FIAT Service center, ABS Motors in Gurgaon.
After that a lot of parts were required to be replaced, which were not available at the service center. So these parts were ordered from FIAT Plant in Ranjangaon.
Now this whole episode has passed, and there is no progress in repair work since more than 2.5 months
And still there is no clue given to me about, when the spares will be available and repair work will be started.
I have called numerous times to FIAT, send numerous mails also (including to FIAT International), but still no progress. I have called numerous guys from TATA-FIAT allianc in Delhi, and in Pune.
Every time I am just given an assurance that they are looking into this matter. I am rather forced to feel that, I am asking for a favour, and I will not be charged for any of spares. The cost of repair, the quality of repair all those issues are not even close to consideration. Its just I have been forced to expect the bare minimum, just somehow get the spares to repair.
I am all clueless about what to do.
I daily travel form Gurgaon to my work place in Okhla, traveling 50 Kms one way on bike or either on our pathetic transport.

Now I have just one last option left in form of going to consumer forum, and ask for the compensating the car cost,a nd all the harrasment caused to me, which is still going on.
I am not even sure whether posting here will help or not, but members who have gone to consumer forum, I will request me to help me in this regard.

Regards
Harish
Old 19th October 2009, 20:55   #2
BHPian

This is trauma of accident , which got over in several days
Attached Thumbnails
Car (FIAT Adventure) standing since 4.5 months, waiting spares to get repaired.-03082009314.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 20:57   #3
BHPian

And this is which I am daily facing.
Car is in this state since it was opened for repair.
How can FIAT be so ....
Attached Thumbnails
Car (FIAT Adventure) standing since 4.5 months, waiting spares to get repaired.-11.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 21:01   #4
BHPian

What's the estimation for the repairs? If i were you, i would claim this as total loss. The car looks to be in pretty bad shape.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

That's a bad accident. Have they stated which parts need to be replaced, and which are not available ? The repair will be expensive , any estimates from fiat?

Going to the consumer courts is at least a 2 year affair, and your car will be lying unattended to all the while. And in this particular case, not sure how much relief the courts will provide. I'd suggest going to the courts as a last resort.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 19th October 2009 at 21:03.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:03   #6
BHPian

@ Raghav: have you enquired with other dealers regarding the spares availability?? Do you have repair estimate (and what parts to be changed)??

That's a very nasty thing to happen (accident) . Hope everyone's safe.
Keep updating the thread friend. Hope everything resolves soon.

Drive safe.

Last edited by mnhegde : 19th October 2009 at 21:05.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:03   #7

Isn't that car a write-off? Surely you should just be getting a new car through your insurance.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:10   #8
BHPian

It's really sad to hear that for 2.5 Months the car is in such bad a state.I have seen one Adventure in chennai(Velacherry) getting repaired in an garage.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:14   #9
BHPian

The car isn't a write off or total loss
The engine and gear box are fine.
The damage is till the dashboard.
I mean the apart from strutural parts, the windshield, dashboard, battery, condensor, bonnet, left front door, battery with its base, bumper, bull guard, headlights and fog lights are the ones which are known.
Rest ovrall there were 64 parts ordered.
I have enquired the NCR dealers, but no success. Only few delaers have bumper and bonnet and fender, that too sctattered in several dealers.
There is no point in shouting at Dealer, when they aren't equipped enough with repairs by Fiat itself.
The repair estimate is 2 L approx.
And yaa it was a real close shave, few colleagues were there with me in car.
Its just I use to sympathise with them, that they have to go through the trauma of accident, and now they sympathise with me for going through a trauma named FIAT
Old 19th October 2009, 21:20   #10
Team-BHP Support

That is a nasty accident. Thank god you are safe.

The car does appear to have been badly damaged.
How much did you buy it for?
What is the IDV?
What is the cost of repairs being quoted?
edit: Just saw your post mentioning 2Lakhs.

If IDV <= Cost of repair
Then claim insurance and write it off.
The above holds good if the difference is -+ 20k or so.

There is very little that anyone can do to help. I do hope someone is able to because this also happens to be my fave car.

If you are able to put this incident behind you, do so.

If you are willing to fight it out. I suggest you get your case to the consumer court.
Find out how many years a vehicle must be supported by its manufacturer.
I am sure there is such a rule. Just not able to remember it right now.
Since its a 2007 make, am sure that rule will hold good.

All the best.

Last edited by bblost : 19th October 2009 at 21:21.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
That is a nasty accident. Thank god you are safe.

The car does appear to have been badly damaged.
How much did you buy it for?
What is the IDV?
What is the cost of repairs being quoted?
edit: Just saw your post mentioning 2Lakhs.

If IDV <= Cost of repair
Then claim insurance and write it off.
The above holds good if the difference is -+ 20k or so.

There is very little that anyone can do to help. I do hope someone is able to because this also happens to be my fave car.

If you are able to put this incident behind you, do so.

If you are willing to fight it out. I suggest you get your case to the consumer court.
Find out how many years a vehicle must be supported by its manufacturer.
I am sure there is such a rule. Just not able to remember it right now.
Since its a 2007 make, am sure that rule will hold good.

All the best.
The rule for spares stands for 10 years.
And the IDV is 4.8 Lakhs. I have already explored the options for Total loss and Cash loss also.

This is still my favourite car. Just the After sale support guys dont know what they are supporting. Its just like you have put monkeys to guard a Palace, they just keep on jumping here and there, unaware of whats the worth of Palace.

And dear, i didnt even want to publicise all this, as I always vouced for FIAT technology irrespective of the attitude of FIAT. But I have no other option left with me.
I have no date, they are not even giving me a week or month duration of repair. So it can be another 2.5 months. In Nov my insurance wll be expired. There is just a dark empty well, I keep on shouting at it, just to hear the echo. Every 3-4 days I keep pn forwarding my emails to same people.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Did you try to contact Elegant Cars (samyak motors) patparganj?
Old 19th October 2009, 21:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
The rule for spares stands for 10 years.
What kind of a rule is this ? A commitment made by the manufacturer or any law in the country? If either a commitment or a law you stand to win in the consumer court - it's only the time and patience needed from your end.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:42   #14
BHPian

Oh Man! It's great that everyone was safe after this accident.

I can only sympathise with you. I am feeling sorry. I hope and wish you get back your car soon.

Last edited by akbaree : 19th October 2009 at 21:44.
Old 19th October 2009, 21:48   #15
BHPian

Fiat India is not going to improve and they are working hard to chase away potential buyers from some 'lovely' cars.

@hrsraghav, IMHO get rid of your headache by writing off and get another car with good after sales service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks