Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 18:35   #1

strange Ac issue in Indica V2 dls... need help

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, i have been following this forum for a long time and found quite a few solutions to problems i have faced with my indica . and always look here first !. love this forum

this particular one has me confused. i should start off by telling im not an expert on car issues!...

i am using my dad,s indica v2 dls , clocked 80000kms, 2002 dec model, and i started having problems since a year..most solved and now a new one has cropped up.

i drive about 100kms daily to and fro....my ac has started behaving strangely. in mornings it seems to run alright, but by midday.. once the engine is on..ac cooling is alright for about 10 min. and then turns off.. starts blowing hot air(feels hot at least!!)...after about 5 mins turns back on again.. then after 15 mins.. turns off and stays off for 15- 20 mins..off late it just stays off!!!

this cycle is noticed mostly when i drive back in afternoon from work. In evenings ..when the distances are much less..the problem dosent appearas frequently !. this has been going on for almost 8 mos.

gave it at richard garage, mumbai. it seemed ok afterwards. but it reappeared. and the duration of off time has increased, nowadays, im driving with almost no ac cooling even tho the light is "on".( I drive from navi mumbai to borivali.)

the local garage guy said thermostat problem since he noticed the the compressor wasn't getting shut ...or something to that effect. and in his presence the ac was perfectly cool!! so initially to check, he gave a direct connection bypassing the thermostat and the ac worked perfectly.

got the thermo stat replaced. problem persists. then he says.. relay switch problem.. changed that too...problem continues...

i am at a loss at what the problem could be.. want to show it to a ac mech, but would appreciate any input since i will not be able to tell if what the mechanic is saying is truly right or he is experimenting...

ive spent almost 60k on replacement and maintenance in last one yr and prefer not to spend too much,and not too keen to go to TASS. lots of bad experiences!!!

appreciate any advice.

cheers
pp
Old 20th October 2009, 19:08   #2
Senior - BHPian

PRODENT
I have a INdica DLG turbo 2005 november model. Even i had a strange problem, no A/c problem in city, but once i get on highway probabaly fter an hour or two a/c cooling droped. Gave it to My TVS, they said gas was low, i said no problem with cooling, just in lng distance this problem occurs however they persuaded me to top up gas i did. But no use.

Gave it to TASS OMR CHK point changed thermostat swich as the a/c compressor was not turning off sufficiently. Gave it to 45,000 service + a/c o/h charged me 11,000. Initially looked good but on my trip to ealagiri a/c failed and engine started overheating.

I checked the coolant tank found the cap loose. I topped the coolant and every thing was alright.

Indica's a/c doesnt work if the engine is overheating. Please check if it is overheating as you mentioned that it happens in afternoon. since your engine has run 80,000 i suspect it may overheat. Please keep an eye on temp guage. If it is overheating please get your engine checked or at least get the coolant checked.

Hope that solves the problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks