Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 19:14   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
Guys,

what is the GC of a stock carb zen? I have been driving one for a while without knowing GC

AFAIK Its 165mm. I will recheck it once again in the user manual when i get home.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:44   #92
Senior - BHPian

Zen manual

Thanks ElantraGT.

Any one here has soft copy of Carb zen manual. I dont have one with me.
If some one has kindly share
Old 15th December 2009, 20:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

Zen manual Zen manual
Old 2nd January 2010, 18:16   #94
BHPian

right strut shot

My 2004 zen right strut is gone. According to Mass I can use the car for another 10k and then change the struts. But, when I inquired from an after market garage, they said, I should change it immediately.
Current Odo reading is 34k. Please suggest, whether I need to change it immediately or not.
How much is it going to cost me ?
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:41   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hyd View Post
My 2004 zen right strut is gone. According to Mass I can use the car for another 10k and then change the struts. But, when I inquired from an after market garage, they said, I should change it immediately.
Current Odo reading is 34k. Please suggest, whether I need to change it immediately or not.
How much is it going to cost me ?
Check out this link.Not sure if the price list is updated but it might give you a idea.

Maruti Zen Maintenance

Also take a look at post 39 of this same thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1562278-post39.html

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 2nd January 2010 at 22:47.
Old 14th January 2010, 09:42   #96
BHPian

Noise from the Gear Box

I have a problem here and I would really appreciate your inputs. While accelerating in neutral there is a loud Krrrrrr.. noise from
the gear box which can be heard from the cabin itself. Last time when I left the car for service I could hear the same noise when
the bonnet is open (only while accelerating in neutral) and it was not so loud then, when I asked the service tech he told me there
is nothing to worry, its the 5th gear noise and its common. Any idea on what it is ?
Old 14th January 2010, 19:47   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston.Martin View Post
I have a problem here and I would really appreciate your inputs. While accelerating in neutral there is a loud Krrrrrr.. noise from
the gear box which can be heard from the cabin itself. Last time when I left the car for service I could hear the same noise when
the bonnet is open (only while accelerating in neutral) and it was not so loud then, when I asked the service tech he told me there
is nothing to worry, its the 5th gear noise and its common. Any idea on what it is ?
Does the noise disappear when you press the clutch pedal?
Old 14th January 2010, 20:00   #98
BHPian

Quote:
You could get a krrrr noise due to clutch bearing failure.
Or it could be the play in the overdrive , but that noise is usually a frfrfrfrfr type kind of muted and directly roportional to speed and as he siad its quite common. But should it be there when in neutral.... ?
Old 14th January 2010, 22:14   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Does the noise disappear when you press the clutch pedal?
Valid point, I never tried that...Now I did and there is no noise when I press the clutch...Is it because of the clutch bearing ? Is it fatal ? How do I fix it ? Any idea about the cost ?....too many questions, sorry, kindly bear with me...
Old 15th January 2010, 15:22   #100
Team-BHP Support

You will need to overhaul clutch, seems like a failed clutch release bearing. While replacing check all the other parts of clutch assembly if the clutch has done more than 20k kms and replace if necessary. Dont go by another 5k kms life, this is to avoid a repeat job in the near future.

Complete clutch overhaul comes to 5-6k, if only bearing it should be within 1.5k. Am not very sure about the current prices
Old 15th January 2010, 15:37   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Zen manual Zen manual
many thanx for the manual, it indeed is helpful for zen owner. Helped a lot of understand few points i never realised or noticed

The best part of the doc is it covers both carb & mpfi version of it.
Old 15th January 2010, 23:35   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
there is no noise when I press the clutch...Is it because of the clutch bearing ? Is it fatal ? How do I fix it ? Any idea about the cost ?....too many questions, sorry, kindly bear with me...
it is normal to hear a slight noise from the gear box when the clutch pedal is not depressed;-this noise is the noise of the lay gear n shaft. When the clutch pedal is depressed,the noise disappears

When the clutch pedal is depressed and noise increases,it is a sign of clutch release bearing wear.

In your case,based on what you have mentioned,the release bearing is OK.

I can say with 50% confidence that the krrrr noise you're hearing is also quite normal(50% because I am not around to check)

Last edited by vigsom : 15th January 2010 at 23:39.
Old 16th January 2010, 09:57   #103
BHPian

Thanks @ Jaggu,
@ vigsom, the noise is getting louder day by day, that is worrying me. I think I will have to take her to a mech.
Old 16th January 2010, 15:47   #104
BHPian

I am hearing this "khir khir" type noise in my M1000 too from quite sometime and its coming from clutch housing. After reading this thread today I check after pressing the clutch pedal and yes the sound does disappear when pressed and comes again when released. This noise raise as we increase engine RPM.

I recorded the sound and want engine gurus here to listen and tell me what is gone bad, is it clutch bearing? then I might give a good to that mechanic who said "clutch bearing bilkul theek hai mene apke 500 rupay bacha liye" while changing clutch few months back.

Old 16th January 2010, 18:30   #105
BHPian

It makes sense to change the entire kit
1) clutch release cable
2) clutch release bearing
3) clutch plate
4) pressure plate.
changing the later 3 means an entire job, full labour cost . the cable can be changed alagse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks