Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 19:36   #16
BHPian

My spark has clocked 550 kms so far. I am getting a mileage of around 10.5 without ac(city only). Is it too low ? If i may add, i am a newbie driver.

Last edited by karty_83 : 10th June 2010 at 19:38.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

^^
FE will improve after first service. 12 with AC is a good figure in City traffic.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:47   #18
BHPian

I too have not checked the avg for my SPARK yet, will do so and post here
Old 11th June 2010, 18:47   #19
BHPian

Your mileage figures of Spark are well within the mainstream & there is no need to worry.Do allow the possibility of dubious petrol bunk & necessary error since you would never run the car till absolute empty.

Last edited by JustCause : 11th June 2010 at 18:48.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:57   #20
BHPian

My car has just come back from its reassurance checkup. I had reported about the low average. They did look into it and told me that the engine has now been tuned and it will return better figures.

However, in my last couple of drives, i feel the car has slightly lost out on its zip factor and power prior to the checkup. Has it got anything to do with the engine tuning for mileage ? Is there any relation between the two ?
Old 17th June 2010, 04:52   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
My car has just come back from its reassurance checkup. I had reported about the low average. They did look into it and told me that the engine has now been tuned and it will return better figures.

However, in my last couple of drives, i feel the car has slightly lost out on its zip factor and power prior to the checkup. Has it got anything to do with the engine tuning for mileage ? Is there any relation between the two ?
BINGO!! they did the same thing to my sparky and i have been complaining about the mileage problem for ages now.

As per my observations my Sparky has clocked the max so far on this Forum . I've already clocked 47K kms with no improvement in the mileage figure. My sparky returns me between 13-14 in picture perfect conditions with the AC on 100% ( it's not effective enough to be turned off ) and 11kmpl with traffic conditions/high speeds etc.

My Sparky used to fly before they did the tuning thing which i reported when it clocked around 20 k - soon after my Delhi - Goa - Delhi trip on it.

Overall a bad performer in terms of mileage :(
Old 17th June 2010, 07:09   #22
BHPian

Er...my dad's Spark gives ~18 km/l. The methods used are approximate, and variation of ~1-2 km/l would be quite possible. Dunno how much AC he uses.

The tip he got from the dealer was to stick to the fifth gear as long as possible, and he drives at a constant speed of 50 km/h. Of course, less traffic on the route to his workplace is a big contributing factor.
Old 17th June 2010, 08:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
BINGO!! they did the same thing to my sparky and i have been complaining about the mileage problem for ages now.

As per my observations my Sparky has clocked the max so far on this Forum . I've already clocked 47K kms with no improvement in the mileage figure. My sparky returns me between 13-14 in picture perfect conditions with the AC on 100% ( it's not effective enough to be turned off ) and 11kmpl with traffic conditions/high speeds etc.

My Sparky used to fly before they did the tuning thing which i reported when it clocked around 20 k - soon after my Delhi - Goa - Delhi trip on it.

Overall a bad performer in terms of mileage :(
Isn't 11kmpl too low for a Spark? it is dangerously trespassing into sedan territory.

The 'tuning' would most probably mean setting ECM values to from good performance to good mileage. I don't know about Spark's ECM, but Alto's ECM is self learning type & responds very well to your driving style. I remedied the constant sluggishness of my Alto by redlining it in 1 & 3rd gear & now I find the unexpected stalling problem is gone.
Old 20th June 2010, 06:14   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
Isn't 11kmpl too low for a Spark? it is dangerously trespassing into sedan territory.

The 'tuning' would most probably mean setting ECM values to from good performance to good mileage. I don't know about Spark's ECM, but Alto's ECM is self learning type & responds very well to your driving style. I remedied the constant sluggishness of my Alto by redlining it in 1 & 3rd gear & now I find the unexpected stalling problem is gone.
Yup it sure is and also one of the reasons why it's mostly parked and is used only when alto is out. My alto returns me almost 7 kmpl over and above what my spark returns me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks