Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 16:19   #1
BHPian

Very Less Power - 2009 Spark LS

Hi,

I have 4 months old Chevy Spark LS, my query is regarding the power.

I understand it is just 63 PS, but still in traffic I feel like I do not have it all; at times I have to switch off A/C to get the required acceleration.

I have shown this to dealer and as per them there are no issues.

Can other spark owners share the experience. Last month I went to my hometown Shimla & was astonished to see that spark is fastest selling car there. That make me wonder, if I am facing the pinch in Chandigarh, how is their experience in Hills.

Rajesh

Last edited by Jaggu : 30th October 2009 at 16:30. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy pasting from external font editors, also preview post before posting, Thanks
Old 30th October 2009, 16:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

My Spark does very spirited runs between Mumbai and Pune which includes a ghat section where it is pretty nimble and agile traversing through slow moving heavy traffic. It can more than keep up with other bigger, powerful cars without too much fuss.

I hope you are not expecting too much out of your spark as there are limits to what its 1.0L mill can do. Try driving other cars too before you reach a conclusion that it does not have any power.

Last edited by SPARKled : 30th October 2009 at 16:35.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh: me too felt it when AC is on in city traffic. Asked dealer service guy to check it during first service but according to him there is no issue. Could anyone clarify on % of HP consumed by A/C compressor?

As SPARKled mentioned we are expecting more from 1L engine :-). Anyway I will test drive few other sparks and conclude

Last edited by Latheesh : 30th October 2009 at 16:40.
Old 31st October 2009, 15:01   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Rajesh, first things first, what you should do is drive another Spark. That will immediately tell you if there is a problem with your car only.

I've driven the Spark extensively within the city and found it to be a pretty nippy hatch.
Old 1st November 2009, 08:28   #5
BHPian

Hi rajesh. I have a month old spark PS and have been driving around Panchkula for the last 3 weeks. Had driven to Solan recently and it did quite well in the hills. Quite happy with its zippiness though I have to raise through to keep it in good power band. AC does load the car and you cant expect too much out of the little engine. Unlike desiels, which I normally drive, the revs have to be kept high. I have a different problem though- while changing from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 grear the engine reve dont go down immideately on realeasing the acceletator. The engine self revs and then comes down on its own- its like the turbolag in a deisel. In short the acceleator is not zippy enough. Did the first pre-service yesterday and that hardly made a difference though the issue was mentioned to the enginner and he test drove the car and felt the same. Kindly feedback on this isssue if you can. Got it serviced at Dynamic in Chandigarh.
Old 1st November 2009, 09:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

@ rajesh.sml: as GTO said, drive another Saprk to sort out any perception issues. Else please have air filter cleaned if you drive often in bumper-to-bumper or dusty conditions. Hope tyres are correctly inflated.
Old 3rd November 2009, 08:51   #7
BHPian

Thank you all for sharing your experience and suggestions. I will try driving another spark

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks