Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 12:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

Throttle Body in the 1.6 is expensive. Did you do the ECU reset?

wish you all the best.
Old 8th December 2010, 19:01   #107
BHPian

Re: 2002 Palio GTX - The Revival Thread

So got an estimate from Mahindra First Choice: 45K!!!!!

Parts to be replaced:
1) ECM - 20K
2) Fuel Pump (Low Pressure) - 8K
3) RPM Sensor - 5K

On top of that they are recommending cleaning the fuel lines, injector and servicing the clutch. - Labor for all this is 12K.

I am not convinced.

Talked to a senior Auto electrician and he has recommended that I bring the car to him tomorrow where he will do a complete diagnostic. He says that after that if he feels that the ECU needs replacing, it will cost me 11K.

I also spoke to Shetty Motors who said that ECU will cost me 9.6K. Will take the car to the auto electrician and give my feedback tomorrow.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:20   #108
BHPian

As advised by the other members please get you crank position sensor checked/ cleaned. I too had a similar issue on my Adventure 1.6 which was resolved by simply cleaning (not even replacing) the crank position sensor. BTW the car has done over 100K kms & has been with me since new.

Last edited by rmonie : 9th December 2010 at 14:23. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 9th December 2010, 15:38   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
As advised by the other members please get you crank position sensor checked/ cleaned. I too had a similar issue on my Adventure 1.6 which was resolved by simply cleaning (not even replacing) the crank position sensor. BTW the car has done over 100K kms & has been with me since new.
Will get the crank position sensor checked but I think we have diagnosed the problem (Fingers Crossed). Turns out that the map sensor has a loose connection. Everytime this moves or shakes, the engine sputters and dies out.

A senior auto electrician is working on it now and hopefully the issue is resolved. Incidently, I drove the car about 15 Kms with the Map sensor taped up to prevent vibrations and the car was super smooth - no stalling, no self revving, perfect idle just below 1K and no jerks while driving or missing.
Old 10th December 2010, 12:02   #110
BHPian

VC : I will like to share a very small incident . I had a simillar eratic/Bouncing/auto reving RPM incident with my S10. After ruunning around for 2-3 weeks and geting it to all charlies around the town ( estimates ranged from 10k to 30k), I went to best electricals ( Near Kennedy bridge), Simply changed the relay for fuel pump ( it had corroded) and was resulting in jerking. Moreover the corroded metal caused havoc with the electric circuit and it was auto reving.

Cost Rs.275 !.

Moral of the story - Have patience.

I wish that you also find a easy and cheap fix.

Good luck.
Old 10th December 2010, 17:03   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
VC : I will like to share a very small incident . I had a simillar eratic/Bouncing/auto reving RPM incident with my S10. After ruunning around for 2-3 weeks and geting it to all charlies around the town ( estimates ranged from 10k to 30k), I went to best electricals ( Near Kennedy bridge), Simply changed the relay for fuel pump ( it had corroded) and was resulting in jerking. Moreover the corroded metal caused havoc with the electric circuit and it was auto reving.

Cost Rs.275 !.

Moral of the story - Have patience.

I wish that you also find a easy and cheap fix.

Good luck.

HI karzima Devil
Did the work on your car took place at Shekhar Bhai's workshop (opp Shetty motors) or Peddar road garage?

Got my car alternator repaired from him and am glad that he also solves such electrical issues

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks