Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
+1 SriShiva. That is what I exactly mentioned.
Agreeeeeeeeeee

Most commonly, hazard lights are used on a disabled car which has been pulled to the side of the road. Especially at night, they increase the visibility of the car so that it will not be hit. It also alerts drivers to the fact that there is a problem of some kind, and some drivers use hazard lights to ask for help, usually in combination with leaving the hood up. Responders to an accident scene may also use their hazard lights to warn drivers about unusual conditions up ahead, and to help clear a lane for the accident.

Driving should never be done with the hazard lights alone, as this can be highly dangerous. Hazard lights should also not be used to warn oncoming traffic about approaching hazards. A much better choice is flashing your headlights or lightly tapping your horn. Using hazard lights may distract or confuse the oncoming driver, while flashing your lights is generally interpreted as a sign to slow down and be cautious. Hazard lights can also be used to check whether or not your signals are using when your car is in a parked and safe position, such as your driveway. Turn the key to the “accessory” stage and turn the hazard lights on so that you can walk all the way around your car and make sure that no bulbs need to be replaced.

Soure:-wisegeek
Old 8th November 2009, 00:50   #17
BHPian

We can wax rhetorical about the use of hazard lights, but the fact remains that every single time it rains heavily in Bombay almost every second driver turns on his hazard lights. This is a clear way of differentiating mentally retarded people.

Even more outrageous is on the Bombay - Pune expressway, there are some geniuses who turn on their hazard lights upon entering any tunnel, never mind that they're still moving along at 80 km/h (and most probably hogging the right-most lane).

Its time somebody started handing out hefty fines to all these mentally deficient drivers.
Old 8th November 2009, 01:12   #18
Senior - BHPian

@thread starter:
Dude, you only need to get accustomed to the car. Santro has more glass area than the Swift, which make you feel so.

And I don't think anyone would have bought the Swift thinking that its a "special" car. Wrong perceptions I would say.
Old 8th November 2009, 01:32   #19
BHPian

Its only a matter of getting "used to" to your new car, once this is taken care of you'll forget the Santro (pun intended)

but shouldn't this thread be a part of the Technical Section instead of the Indian Car Scene. ??
Old 9th November 2009, 12:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEnd View Post
Even more outrageous is on the Bombay - Pune expressway, there are some geniuses who turn on their hazard lights upon entering any tunnel, never mind that they're still moving along at 80 km/h (and most probably hogging the right-most lane).
You are right. And yesterday I was just keeping an eye on the ratio of the geniuses to average drivers (while travelling to and fro from Pune). And I would say the ratio was 5:1 in favour of the geniuses !! So now we have to accept that is the norm while entering tunnels on the Expressway. If you dont, you may end up with a rear-ending.
Old 2nd December 2010, 10:50   #21
BHPian

Hi all.. I have a swift vdi ABS. I have driven SOOOO many other cars in all kinds of situation. Maruti suzuki Baleno was the first car where we say fogs happening on outside of the windshield and windows. Rear defoger works just awesome.. In my swift i notice that it gets fogged outside the windshield and windows quickly if i open and close the windows to wipe the outside rear view mirror, even for harly 10 sec.

When I was checking on it on other forums and resources, i got an information that a dirty glass fogs outside a lot. I tested that and got releife from rear window outside fog but that was for a very small time as remember, swift is a hatchback with the hatchline similar to wall were we spray dirt on our own car...

Experts.. Please advise me on rear defoger for my swift. Please suggest me anything other than fitting swift zxi rear windshield..

I also agree that even in any high end vehicle, driving in rain is a head ache.. I am actually good in wet weather tracks but yet to test and define the limits in my swift!!

Drive safe felas...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks