Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2009, 11:58   #16
BHPian

And the agony continues!!!

400 Km after steering column replacement steering still tight as ever. With my 40 km's of everyday driving my arms certainly feel a lot stronger.

Have sent the car back to hmp, chennai and asked them to address the situation and this time for good.

Suprizingly i have not lost my cool or yelled at anybody yet!! Am pretty close to losing it though.

and even more

Last edited by Dippy : 29th December 2009 at 15:13. Reason: Post edited: Please do not use more than two smilies per post. Please go through the Rules. Thanks
Old 25th November 2009, 13:37   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Dont worry boss it is a very simple problem and it had cropped up in my car also. Firstly check the tyre pressure in your car. Secondly the problem will be mostly with the suspension of the car and not in the stearing column. My service mechanic was intelligent enough to find out that the problem was in the suspension though the service advisor suspected problem with stearing column. Few tightning of bolts and nuts in the suspension and the problem was solved. So dont worry and just try and get the job done.
So do we need to check the nuts and bolts often !
I feel Hyundai needs to address this seriously.
Its better to buy cars which are tested and sweet reviews from customers , no matter if the model is released late in India instead of Indian being made Guinne Pigs for testing new products launched in India before release in other countries .
Old 25th November 2009, 15:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Is it petrol or diesel version? Its seems to be some problem with the suspension. But nothing to worry. Call a toll free no and Raise a complaint. Your problem will be followed here-after.

Also check with other service centers as well.
Old 27th November 2009, 10:23   #19
BHPian

Just got the car back yesterday evening from the service centre.

Have driven it about 40 km's since. The steering is back to super light, just the way i like it and no rattles either!!!

Apparently they reset and reprogrammed the EPS or so they say.

Well as long as the steering is the way i like it, i'll buy whatever they spin!!

I did send out 2 complaint mails to Hyundai's customer care mail id which is listed on their web site during the course of this little incident. I believe this really helped as the service guys and the service manager got a lot more receptive and involved with my car especially after i sent out the second complaint mail. The Service centre manager requested me to drive the car for a couple of days and send him a mail informing that all is ok.

Guess Hyundai is pretty serious about its after sales service!!

All's well that ends well.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:18   #20
BHPian

Congrats Mubeen.

I am also facing the issue now.After the bush\pad was replaced by Suryabala Hyundai,Coimbatore my i20 seemed to be running fine.

Alas,it was not so.Since the last 3 days I am getting the same rattling noises again.Sent a mail to Hyundai customer care yesterday and contacted HMP as well.

They told me the next available appointment is for Dec6th grrrr....

When I explained them the situation,they told me to bring the car in tomorrow morning as walk-in customer

Hope mine gets fixed by tomorrow.Can you let me know whom you had spoke to in HMP.It will definitely help me
Old 27th November 2009, 11:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
Congrats Mubeen.

I am also facing the issue now.After the bush\pad was replaced by Suryabala Hyundai,Coimbatore my i20 seemed to be running fine.

Alas,it was not so.Since the last 3 days I am getting the same rattling noises again.Sent a mail to Hyundai customer care yesterday and contacted HMP as well.

They told me the next available appointment is for Dec6th grrrr....

When I explained them the situation,they told me to bring the car in tomorrow morning as walk-in customer

Hope mine gets fixed by tomorrow.Can you let me know whom you had spoke to in HMP.It will definitely help me

The Service Manager's Name is Vasudevan.

The Service executive who first handled my car was Sudhakar. After he messed up and made me come back twice i mailed customer care. The third time i went my service was handled by Prabhakar and Venktesh. Both chaps miles better than Sudhakar.

Hope this helps and good luck!!
Old 9th December 2009, 13:38   #22
BHPian

Hi guys,just to let everyone know even i have this issue in my i20(Rattling noise on drivers side due to steering column).It happens over rough patches of the road.Cropped up after driving about 3000kms.Bought the i20 over its competitors just to avoid problems like these.But anyways im not surprised.Will take the car to the service center later on.
Old 10th December 2009, 11:08   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead666 View Post
Hi guys,just to let everyone know even i have this issue in my i20(Rattling noise on drivers side due to steering column).It happens over rough patches of the road.Cropped up after driving about 3000kms.Bought the i20 over its competitors just to avoid problems like these.But anyways im not surprised.Will take the car to the service center later on.
Yeah its pretty sad when stuff like this happens on a new set of wheels.
Apparently my cars rattling required more than just the rubber bush being replaced with an urethane bush. The entire steering column had to be replaced under warranty and the steering was tight after that.

This was fixed after a 2 day visit to the service centre and now has recurred barely 10 days and 500 kms later!!

The service guys have again asked me to bring the car, its headed back to the service centre tomorrow. In the last one month the car has visited the service centre a good 6 times and tomorrow will be the seventh!!

What will it take to have my car in nice showroom condition again!
Old 10th December 2009, 17:11   #24
Senior - BHPian

I am having the same problem in my 4 month old i10 (run ~3K KM)

Infact i told the problem during 1st service, which i am sure he didnt even 'ear'ed it

Now waiting for 2nd Service
Old 10th December 2009, 17:25   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mubeen View Post
This was fixed after a 2 day visit to the service centre and now has recurred barely 10 days and 500 kms later!!
bahhhhh...there goes my hope out of the window...I thought since replacing the steering column your problem vanished and hope mine too would go once they do the same on my car.

My car is already in HMP since today afternoon
Old 10th December 2009, 17:31   #26
BHPian

well i have the same noise on very very bumpy roads...have'nt done anything about it yet.
remember used to have the same problem with my palio as well and she survived it!!

Last edited by anoops : 10th December 2009 at 17:33.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops View Post
well i have the same noise on very very bumpy roads...have'nt done anything about it yet.
remember used to have the same problem with my palio as well and she survived it!!
Its not so much a question of the car surviving it!! The rattle can get irritating as hell, sort of when u scratch your nails on a blackboard or something.

Every time i hear it my blood BP shoots up!

There is of course no performance issue due to the rattling. Its just the "yuck" factor.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
bahhhhh...there goes my hope out of the window...I thought since replacing the steering column your problem vanished and hope mine too would go once they do the same on my car.

My car is already in HMP since today afternoon
You are having your steering column replaced as well? Thats sad!!

Met Venkatesh this morning and he was telling me you had dropped in.

I've been told the regional manager is dropping in to check out my car today and if necessary the vendor will be called in as well.

Damn, Hyundai's steering column vendor seems to have messed up big time! Maybe they can keep my car as an example of how NOT to make cars and upgrade me to a free ix35
Old 29th December 2009, 10:03   #29
im_driver

Steering column rattle

Guys,

Had the same problem with my petrol i20 Asta, first they changed the "damper bushings". Then when the problem recurred a fortnight later (i.e last week) , I was told that it was coming from the steering column reduction gear. Got it back yesterday after repairs, and the car seems to be running fine.

Unfortunately, the guys in the service centre messed up the key (push button release not working for one set now) and probably the outside temperature gauge (showing a lower temp outside now).

Have just ridden it today, hopefully the rattle will no recur.

Will keep you posted.

Ankur

Old 30th December 2009, 14:37   #30

Swift has the same problem. rattles due to faulty steering column, bush. Once they rectify the problem, the steering wheel tightens. I dont really know why these car makers do not bother to test such things and rectify for ever.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks