Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2014, 14:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
But, afterwards when I drove it over uneven road surface, a irritating screeching noise came from the front left wheel. What could be the problem? There seems to be no visible damage. What can be the issue?

Could be your shock absorbers are damaged. I had this on my Fiat Uno. Take it to your MASS.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 5th June 2014, 15:18   #32
BHPian

Re: Noisy Swift after going over a pothole at high speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Could be your shock absorbers are damaged. I had this on my Fiat Uno. Take it to your MASS.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Lol ! You have responded back on 5 year old thread!
Old 6th June 2014, 15:36   #33
BHPian

Re: Noisy Swift after going over a pothole at high speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
No. Cast iron is by nature brittle - not malleable. Now that the dent is pushed out, if you were to put the part to more stress it will fracture. Had it been made of steel , that would have been different.
The car went & sat on the ditch at 5 kph speeds. The vehicle is also 2.5 years old now. that made me think that there should be some more service life left on the protector plates strength, also during inspection, upon mild hammering the protector plate did not show signs of age or there were no rust chips falling down.

Well Agree to your point on the quality of the iron used for the plate. it should definitely not have been a malleable cast iron for sure being an auxiliary component ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks