Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 12:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
A lot of times tata gets it wrong at the factory and the service guys have to set it in order - they're used to setting things "right" which the factory screwed up in the first place !
If this is true, then I don't have to worry too much. Maybe, the car will get better after this piece of work.

I have one doubt, dear friends. What if I ignore this sound? I mean what if I just let the status quo continue. Would I be risking a catastrophic gearbox failure later on?
Old 30th November 2009, 13:16   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

You can ignore it at your own risk.

Since the service advisor has himself suggested the replacement, I will say complete it asap. Also, it is under wty, so you should at the most pay only for any oil / consumables.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:53   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Since the service advisor has himself suggested the replacement, I will say complete it asap. Also, it is under wty, so you should at the most pay only for any oil / consumables.
Thanks Condor. Lets see what the senior guy who is supposed to inspect the car says. If he also thinks it is advisable, I'll go for it
Old 30th November 2009, 14:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Car is under warranty and TASS service advisor recommending certain replacement - I think you should accept it. Suppose you prolong the issue (sound) for some more time and eventually more serious damage occurs , then they will definitely blame you for not allowing them to do the replacement as per earlier advise.?

Anyway you have another round of check by a senior guy - wait for his report and act accordingly.
Old 30th November 2009, 14:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Suppose you prolong the issue (sound) for some more time and eventually more serious damage occurs , then they will definitely blame you for not allowing them to do the replacement as per earlier advise
Hi Nair,

Thanks for the warning, man. I'm now fairly convinced that if the inspector is ready to give me warranty benefit, I shall take it. For a precautionary measure, I'm planning to hover around the workshop the whole day when they are on this job. That way I'll be sure that they are indeed replacing the faulty gearbox and doing the job well
Old 30th November 2009, 14:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akadian View Post
That is a scary thought, indeed. Just because he wants to oblige someone else, he is going to fiddle with my car. Thanks a lot for the url
This is not possible entry for the parts is done in computerized system and in some cases faulty parts are returned to the factory as well. TML or any company is not fool to allow .A.S.S to loot them.

Get it replaced , A.S.S do these kind of changes day in and out and nothing much to worry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks