Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:44   #91
BHPian

I feel best with my local Mechanics and to get things done standing around when they are done - I think I should add some sort of relay- with an optical sensor to cut off the engine when is overheating- or even better issue a loud alarm so that I can drag the car to one side of the road and switch off the engine!

RGDS
Irfan
Old 21st August 2014, 21:37   #92
BHPian

Re: Coolant spilling out of reservoir after I switch off the engine

Hi,
last night Dad was driving home in our Fabia 1.4 2008 model with 45k on the odo when barely 100 meters from the home the car stopped with a check coolant light. Since it was getting dark and home was less than 100 meters he waited for 5 mins then restarted and came back home.

On inspection we were surprsed to find engine oil sprayed all over from the collant reservior. Gathering from the information avaibale from Tbhp I undestand it looks like a gasket failure.

Asking the gurus to help me out what could be the damage. Skoda is known for its horrible services specially in treating scenarios like these.
Should I get the radiator and oil flushed from a FNG and check if this recurrs before getting the gasket changed ?

what would be the aproximate cost involved?
thanks in advance

Most Viewed