Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2005, 10:13   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvhead
Puff,
the wheel sound problem dropping into potholes seems unfortunately very common, and it is a very harsh sound.

Anyway, go to your dealer and insist its a Suspension prob
it cant be the wheels coz the VXi comes with 14" rims iirc

Tell him firmly, that you have checked and its a common problem,
have him check the front Lower arms for tightness and go thru the thread link posted abv

as for the platic, nab yr dealer
Do not run yr lamps without relays, you will put excessive drain on your battery
No, the Vxi too comes with 13" wheels.

Which thread link?

See, I'm forbidden to put relays. Will putting 100/90w bulbs really affect the battery or just the fuses blowing as the accessories shop guy predicted?So, do i go back to the 55/60watt bulbs?
Old 16th August 2005, 12:40   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimish
Puffdamgcdragon@ the most easiest and reliable way to find the month of mfg of ur vehicle is the SEAT BELT.......

go grab your seat belt and go right upto the bottom where you find a white tag. ....this will display the details.....you can get fair idea from this tiny tag....
Thanks Nimish,
Just rushed down and checked the Seat Belt. It says manufactured in May 2005. (Phew!) But the chasis says either July 05 or Jan 2003 (whichever way U interpret the Chasis number- MA3EEJ91500 120155x G5. Wonder if I can be really sure??

@ Samurai- Ok, I just called up the Hindalco office at Calcutta whre the alloys were ordered from. Spoke with a Mr. Biplap Sen who is the Manager, Aura wheels. Helpful chap- He confirmed that the series E01445 which I have on my car has the offset ratio of 35. PDC 100 and size 14x5.5J, so it should match the Baleno fine.

What do U think? Does it have to be 6J/ 38 offset?
Old 16th August 2005, 12:58   #18
BHPian

Hey, sorry to drag this topic furthur, Had my manager check all the seatbelts- the front two and one of the rear ones read 20/ 04/ 2005 and one of the rear ones read 01/07/05. booked the vehicle in end July. Anything fishy here?

What about the chasis Number? Is it July 05 (G5)or do I read the first 2 numbers in the plaque after M, which says A3? ( The extended chasis number with the G5 is not on the plaque under the bonnet along with the Engine No. It is engraved saperately on the chasis itself, hidden behind a big cable/wire.

I know am being a bit of a bore, but can U guys reassure my fears?

Will take the suspension and other problems step by step.
Old 16th August 2005, 14:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon
Hey, sorry to drag this topic furthur, Had my manager check all the seatbelts- the front two and one of the rear ones read 20/ 04/ 2005 and one of the rear ones read 01/07/05. booked the vehicle in end July. Anything fishy here?
the car has been manufactured not before 1/7/05.those old dates on other belts means those belts are from the previous seatbelt purchase or consignment that maruti ordered.
Old 16th August 2005, 14:27   #20

Quote:
Hi, I checked under the bonnet and there's a Plaque with the chasis no- MA3EEJ91500 120155
and below it there's Engine No. G16BBN 514238

A little furthur away, engraved on the chasis itself, the same Chasis number is again there with the addition of xG5 in the end. Now, according to U, my car's either ofthe Jan 2003 stock (MA3) or July2005 (G5). If it is July 2005, then there's nothing wrong as I booked the car in End July. Which one is it?
It is G5 indeed. MA3 is the model series. I made a mistake.
BTW, also checked out through sources (the serial # suggests) it came out of production shop in the week starting 11 July. So it's pretty much OK.
Old 16th August 2005, 14:32   #21

Quote:
See, I'm forbidden to put relays. Will putting 100/90w bulbs really affect the battery or just the fuses blowing as the accessories shop guy predicted?So, do i go back to the 55/60watt bulbs?
You have to put a relay. And Maruti guys should be able to do that. Articulate them a bit strongly and see where it goes
Old 16th August 2005, 14:36   #22
BHPian

@ Samurai- Ok, I just called up the Hindalco office at Calcutta whre the alloys were ordered from. Spoke with a Mr. Biplap Sen who is the Manager, Aura wheels. Helpful chap- He confirmed that the series E01445 which I have on my car has the offset ratio of 35. PDC 100 and size 14x5.5J, so it should match the Baleno fine.

Old 16th August 2005, 14:47   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He confirmed that the series E01445 which I have on my car has the offset ratio of 35. PDC 100 and size 14x5.5J, so it should match the Baleno fine.

That would have been perfect, but 5.5J is acceptable in the absence of 6J. The offset of 35 should be fine.
Old 16th August 2005, 17:46   #24
BHPian

The front sound u mentioned was traced in my baleno to the power steering hose and it is going to be replaced by a modified hose by the MUL dealer under warranty.
I have shod my car with 195/60/14R Michellin Certis, A 6j rim is more appropriate hthan5.5j.
this is not however the cause for ur problem.These fat tyres are fixed on their Demo vehicles by both the MUL dealers in Coimbatore. Dont worry can contact MUL via their site and they do
promptly respond.
Old 16th August 2005, 20:14   #25

Hi,

After going through this thread I have gone through the RC Book of my Baleno which shows the date of manufature as Jan 2005 . I took the delivery only on 30th June 2005.

Since the production month is Jan 05 I do not know whether my vehicle is BS2 or BS3 ....

Do you guys think I should contact MUL ???

Regards
Santhosh
Old 16th August 2005, 20:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

As I understand, headlight beam adjustor is only on BS-III models. So, just check and ensure that it has one.
Old 17th August 2005, 03:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Puff,
I really dont think that one should be doing high speed over potholes more than a couple of inches deep...the Baleno is simply not build for that kind of drive....
I am just back from a 1600 km trip (hyd-mumbai-hyd) and I also have had to slow down wherever rain had washed away the road...
Some other car may take the abuse without whine...but all of them will have issues in long term if you abuse them ovver rough terrain.

100/90 may fade your reflector in the long term...as there will be excessive heat generation
Old 17th August 2005, 07:13   #28

Yes . I have the headlight adjustment...so that means mine is a BS III.

But don't you think that I should get a new car instead of a half an year old car ....I request the fellow BMPians for the valuable input.
Old 17th August 2005, 10:20   #29
BHPian

Thanks a ton, all of U guys. Indrajit, Samurai, Rudra, Nimish, Revvhead and all of the others- Ur valuable inputs have been most highly appreciated, guys. ( This sounds like an acceptance speech for an Oscar! )

I've worried and fretted over the condition of my new car for the past several days and now I guess I'm pretty well equipped to handle the Maruti dealer if they say that the warranty on my suspension is void.

But, in retrospect, I should have stuck to 13" wheels and just put alloys and broader tubeless. Looking at the condition of the roads around these parts, It's highly unlikely that i'll ever do more than 100-120, that too on the plains and I'd have the confidence to throw the car at the dealer's face when all of these suspension problems cropped up, instead of worrying and preparing for the worst case scenario....

I've done about 500 Kms in the past week and next week or so when I go down to Siliguri for my first servicing, will handle the dealer. Am keeping my fingers crossed that he dosen't blame the wheels upgrade for all of the suspension problems and just fixes the damn thing.

If worst comes to worst and he doesn't believe me or all of the sites/ posts i show, what can I do? any ideas, guys???

Oh and one more thing- Since I'm forbidden to put a headlight relay do I carry on with the 100/90 bulbs or revert back to the original 55/60 watts? Any real damage possibilities apart from the fuses blowing and long term headlight casings going dull?
Old 17th August 2005, 11:17   #30
BHPian

Dude, considering the area where you live (been there)
good lighting is a must,
Stick to the 100/90's and install a relay
else install a good set of driving lights!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks