Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 13:23   #1
BHPian

Cedia : Check engine light just wont go away!

Hi guys..have had a Cedia for the last 2 years or so and am having a funny problem for the last 1 year plus for which there seems to be no solution as far as the local service guys in Mitsubishi are concerned. My check engine light is for ever on and the things that have been done till date are chaging of the ECU and changing of one sensor.

Even after this for the last one year, the check engine light is on. Every time the ECU is reset, the light goes off for a while and then the issue resurfaces again. The guys at the service center have no clue as to what could be the problem and I have sent the car to the workshop close to 15-17 times due to this.

I am extremly tired with this whole situation and would like to know how to close this issue. I have even spoken to the regional manager, but there has been no resolution and even he is lost as to the problem. In Bangalore there is only one service center so I have to go to them only.

Is there someone I can contact who could help me? Any email ids and phone numbers will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:22   #2
BHPian

Mav,

I have a friend whose company has given him an Innova. From last year and half, The engine check light is ON. He too has the same problem and till date could not get the problem rectified.

His opinion is that he has not seen any problem with the engine and its doing fine.Even the mileage has been the same.

he has just left it like that. Now the choice is yours. This is something i thought will keep you informed.
Old 7th December 2009, 16:56   #3
BHPian

Well yes the car is working fine, but that does not mean that down the road something will not go bad....
Old 7th December 2009, 17:56   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

You can also get the car scanned from some independent workshop to know the error code or the reason for the light coming on frequently.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Get it checked at some independent garage. Basically those who modify cars can identify the check light easily since that's what they see daily :-)
Old 8th December 2009, 11:10   #6
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I can tell you one thing and this is it : Your dealer is absolutely incompetent. Instead of getting to the source of the problem, he's gone on to change the ECU!

You are better off having your Cedia checked up at a competent independent garage. Bangalore has a ton of them, search through the forum for references. I will add that my first guess would be a faulty O2 sensor.

Also, write to HM / Mitsubishi with your experience. Tell them that the problem has persisted for so long and you'd want the company directly to look into the matter. A free replacement / repair, irrespective of whether your car is in warranty or not, would not be out of order. Considering the long time they have taken to get to the root cause of the problem.

Last edited by GTO : 8th December 2009 at 11:13.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:23   #7
BHPian

Yes it is a faulty O2 sensor...as per the code that come up, I checked it on google in the service center itself and it says O2 sensor right off. The sensor has been since changed, but the problem still persists. Now they say they need to change the wiring harness???

I wrote into the Mitsubishi website, but have not got any reply till now. Any email ids would be great.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:01   #8
BHPian

Every dealer has a designated Sales / Service Exec assigned from HM/Mitsu. Usually they are assigned to the regions. They are HM/Mitsu employees. Get that person's number from the dealer and call him. I met the one for Hyderabad region and he seemed customer centric. I hope Bangalore region person has the same attitude as well.
Old 29th July 2011, 13:48   #9

Re: Cedia : Check engine light just wont go away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Yes it is a faulty O2 sensor...as per the code that come up, I checked it on google in the service center itself and it says O2 sensor right off. The sensor has been since changed, but the problem still persists. Now they say they need to change the wiring harness???

I wrote into the Mitsubishi website, but have not got any reply till now. Any email ids would be great.
Is your problem solved? let me know as I have the same issue with my cedia. 3 rounds made to service center and it reappears again. They say either its a O2 sensor or wiring issue. Look forward for your response. Thanks in advance.
Old 29th July 2011, 19:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Any sensor related issue should throw up an error code. Plugin an OBD reader, you will know.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:11   #11

@ Mav2000 - Is your problem solved? let me know as I have the same issue with my cedia. 3 rounds made to service center and it reappears again. They say its a O2 sensor error code and also said it could be because of an issue with wiring harness. Look forward for your response. Thanks in advance.
Old 10th August 2011, 11:11   #12
BHPian

Yup, solved the issue.

I had the same error code with the )2 sensor and nothing they could do could help, including changing out the sensor as well as the ECU. Finally a wiring harness change was required and that solved it.
Old 30th August 2011, 16:39   #13

@mav - Can you please let me know how much did it cost you to change the harness and let me know if you changed the entire wiring harness or the one bit leading to O2 sensor. It would be helpful if you can give more details. I would also be interested to know at which workshop you got this rectified and if possible share the contact number of the mech.

Thank you for the response. I have now made 5 visits in 45 days and is worried to use the car. Your help would be very much appreciated.
Old 6th June 2012, 16:44   #14

I just wanted to update to the benefit of other who might be facing the same issue. The check light never returned after I changed the air filter in feb-2012. The check light issue started after I changed the airfilter during 20k service at a local garage. And Raima motors did not understand it and I had to make 10 rounds to workshop. When I went to BMS motors I asked the mechanic to change the air filter as I have observed in OBD the error showed O2 BAR. I thought is may be due to insufficient air suction capacity of local air filter led to the check light issue. After I replaced with genuine air filter the issue never occured. I also see a bump in mileage.
srini.rtmc is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks