Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 19:21   #1
BHPian

HELP: VW Passat gearbox software upgrade available - Should i do it?

I got a call from VW mumbai to bring my passat to the workshop as VW is going to upgrade DSG box software.
The mechanic at the workshop does not know any technical details for the upgrade(he told me that VW Germany will do it online).after driving the car for almost 4000KM, I think the gearbox is working fine. VW india does not provide any phone no. where one can talk to someone in VW india. Has any other car makers like MB or BMW do this kind of upgrade? I am bit confused whether i should do this upgrade

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th December 2009 at 19:58. Reason: Post edited. Please always use spaces after punctuation marks in order to improve readability. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:19   #2
Team-BHP Support

dont worry go ahead and get it done. this happens many times with many companies and most of the time you wont even know about it, they just do it during the service.
Old 7th December 2009, 21:28   #3
Team-BHP Support

It might be some small defect that they discovered in the mechatronics software.

It's better to get it upgraded as it means that they found an issue and they want to fix it.

Get it done and do post back and let us know what difference you feel in the way the box is shifting.

Try and prod the service guys as well and ask them what the upgrade is fixing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks