Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 14:49   #16
BANNED

My dear friend. Someone sold you Snake Oil. shout and complain all you can.
Old 23rd December 2009, 15:19   #17
BHPian

Hehe, I agree, there truly is one born every minute
Yes, I know I am being cruel but I can't help it. I apologise.
It's just that I keep getting reminded of all these idiots who buy such products and then accuse others of ignorance.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknophobia View Post
Hehe, I agree, there truly is one born every minute
Yes, I know I am being cruel but I can't help it. I apologise.
It's just that I keep getting reminded of all these idiots who buy such products and then accuse others of ignorance.
Hi, not all of us know the basics of cars. If you read the explanation given on how these work, any person who does not know his science will fall for it.
Also, you forget that it came from an authorised service centre .

So you cant blame him entirely. Also, he was not asked before fixing it. Now, we are discussing the solution. Report - Return - Refund
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:22   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!! You have just been robbed!!!!

Now get back there. Call Maruti top ends. Shoot out mails. Get those CHEATERS to pay you back.

PS. I'm sure they would deny that they claimed it to be mandatory. But please dont let it go. You could probably save 100 more poor souls if you make it an issue.

Last edited by gemithomas : 23rd December 2009 at 18:23.
Old 24th December 2009, 09:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Though OT, i had somewhat similar experience from a Tata A** guy - when my dad gave our Vista TDi for first service, the Service Assistant said they have to add diesel and engine oil additives, and he told that this is a regular practice, and all new engines need this. Dad agreed to it and later called me to inform about this.

The moment I heard about this, I asked dad to call the service centre and ask them to stop doing it, but when dad called, they informed him that they have already done it.
When the bill came, we realized that the A** have added 300 ml of Bardahl Special Duty and 200 ml of Bardahl diesel combustion improver.

I was really angry at them for adding these in a fresh engine which have not even clocked 1K km, and I called up the service manager and gave him a piece of my mind, and told him that I am going to complain this to Tata. Soon after the call, their customer service manager called me and apologized and asked me in soft terms not to complain, and he told me that he will revert the charges in the next service. He called my dad again and apologized to him also.

@sqs103 - it is your baby and your money - ask them to refund the damages and if they are not willing, shoot a complaint. Don’t let this matter go.

Last edited by theexperthand : 24th December 2009 at 09:18.
Old 24th December 2009, 11:01   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

@theexperthand, Engine Oil additives and 'Magnetic Fuel Engergizers' are no where close to each other. Also check out the threads we have for these two.
Old 24th December 2009, 11:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@theexperthand, Engine Oil additives and 'Magnetic Fuel Engergizers' are no where close to each other. Also check out the threads we have for these two.

Yeah bro, I know they are not to be taken in same picture – that is why I put OT in my post
I was sharing my experience here just to highlight the kind of daylight robberies these A** guys do, and the effect you can have if you threaten them that you will complain the parent company about these wrongful practices of the A** guys.
Old 12th January 2010, 11:21   #23

Update

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and comments. They helped me a lot.

I wrote to the EO (services) of MUL. Within two days, Sai called and offered to uninstall the fuel energizer and give me a full refund.

I took my car to Sai. The device was uninstalled in a short time and a refund cheque was issued in my name.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:56   #24
BHPian

Congratulations, another person saved by T-BHP

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks