Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2018, 09:28   #31
BHPian

Re: Corolla Altis : Brake Pads need replacement frequently

Bumping an old thread.

Brake pads of my Altis are due for a change, as per my assessment. I am not particularly keen on getting the OEM pads. In the aftermarket, Roulunds, it seems, are the most talked about pads. Bosch seem to suffer from negative opinion. Magneti Marelli aren't readily available, though the review by cabbies is good. Which one to go for? Or any other options are available?

The OEM pads were previously changed at 68000 kilometers, the reading is now at 109000 kilometers, with 2-3000 kilometers more to offer.
Old 8th August 2018, 09:34   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Corolla Altis : Brake Pads need replacement frequently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Brake pads of my Altis are due for a change, as per my assessment. I am not particularly keen on getting the OEM pads. In the aftermarket, Roulunds, it seems, are the most talked about pads. Bosch seem to suffer from negative opinion. Magneti Marelli aren't readily available, though the review by cabbies is good. Which one to go for? Or any other options are available?

The OEM pads were previously changed at 68000 kilometers, the reading is now at 109000 kilometers, with 2-3000 kilometers more to offer.
Are you replacing the rear or front pads? I am using aftermarket Bosch (the factory fitted ones were also Bosch) on all 4 wheels and am happy with the products, at least for now. They don't shed as much dust as the OEMs did and have good stopping power.

Other than Bosch your options are Delphi, Roulunds and Textar.
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed