Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2005, 13:48   #16
BHPian

Slightly

But any suggestions on how to remove the Parking stickers from the glass..

My company has changed names 3 times in the last 18 months !!!
Old 25th August 2005, 15:29   #17
BHPian

DRC,
Found this for you...
BTW what does they mean by claying???
Old 25th August 2005, 20:46   #18
Team-BHP Support

Ok gkrishn, your yellow tube is basically one of the G3 product. Sub brand known as FARCIA.

paharino1, soak the stickers (area) with PRIL grease cutter. Keep it for some time and then wash it off.
Old 26th August 2005, 00:38   #19
BHPian

Rudra Sir, do you know roughly what it costs to get your whole car cleaned and waxed at Sundaram? Planing to send my OHC there before I leave for Pune, so was wondering what it will cost. Aso, is there any other service that they offer?
Old 26th August 2005, 07:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek
Rudra Sir, do you know roughly what it costs to get your whole car cleaned and waxed at Sundaram?
Should cost you around 4000/- to 4500/-. Let me know before you go there.

Are you shifting to Pune or going for a holiday?
Old 26th August 2005, 19:50   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1
Slightly

But any suggestions on how to remove the Parking stickers from the glass..

My company has changed names 3 times in the last 18 months !!!

Th cheapest way to do that is use a shaving blade cut in half ( Cost 1 Rs.)

and carefully scarp off everythin . Of course a lot of patience, and small amount of water will help. And trust me it works like magic. I have been doing that with thos shabby PUC stickers and also the occassional promotional stickers
Old 30th August 2005, 11:53   #22
DRC
BHPian

guys,
As an extention of the same problem, I could see a terrible glare while driving at night.
I contacted windshield experts to know if they can fix teh windshield.
They say they can only repair teh chips and cracks. They would not do the the polish or paint removal from the glass.

There was a suggestion of using paint thinner, Can anyone if it is safe to use thinner on glass. Does it not wade of any coat, cause distortion, etc...
Who is the expert in this area.. Please help

Thanks
Old 23rd September 2005, 00:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

NEED HELP...PLEASE....
Guys even my Vtec has several light scratches all over the car!!!kids on the road, parking place disaster etc... I had talked with one Mr Raghvendra from Dakshin Honda and he said the scratches cannot be removed and that repainting is the only solution!!!what the hell!!! Gotta repaint the whole car coz of these superficial scratches???crazzzy!!! I understand that the whole car is plagued with these light scratches but Im not gonna paint the whole damn car to get those superficial scratches removed.....huh!
Guys pls guide me, it would be of great help...Just give me one concrete solution and I shall abide by it. Ive just had people helping me with opinions but can some one give a prompt solution...pease...

Last edited by The Wolf : 23rd September 2005 at 00:59.
Old 23rd September 2005, 01:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Ive just had people helping me with opinions but can some one give a prompt solution...pease...
You certainly didn't ask the right person then. Get in touch with "the old man" and he will relieve you of all your pains.
Old 23rd September 2005, 01:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
NEED HELP...PLEASE....
Guys even my Vtec has several light scratches all over the car!!!kids on the road, parking place disaster etc... I had talked with one Mr Raghvendra from Dakshin Honda and he said the scratches cannot be removed and that repainting is the only solution!!!what the hell!!! Gotta repaint the whole car coz of these superficial scratches???crazzzy!!! I understand that the whole car is plagued with these light scratches but Im not gonna paint the whole damn car to get those superficial scratches removed.....huh!
Guys pls guide me, it would be of great help...Just give me one concrete solution and I shall abide by it. Ive just had people helping me with opinions but can some one give a prompt solution...pease...
I have the perfect solution....PAINT! Before you get hyper hear this I dont mean paint the entire car.....I have a black Honda Accord and black is by far the hardest color to maintain but once I came to the US i found these paint pens and spray paint cans avaible locally which are orignal Honda paint! My car color is nighthawk black and once while doing some grocery shopping at Walmart I strolled down to the automotive section and point this can and pens of all possible paints....for almost every car maker and color code possible. So if you have someone coming from the US just give them the your car color name and code if you have it...and this thing does work wonders! the paint matches exactly.....i dont remember the company make of these pens/cans but i had my car keyed once in bombay and I used every possible scratch remover but nothing worked.....the magic pen worked for me and now you cant tell the difference!
Old 23rd September 2005, 01:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
I have the perfect solution....PAINT! Before you get hyper hear this I dont mean paint the entire car.....I have a black Honda Accord and black is by far the hardest color to maintain but once I came to the US i found these paint pens and spray paint cans avaible locally which are orignal Honda paint! My car color is nighthawk black and once while doing some grocery shopping at Walmart I strolled down to the automotive section and point this can and pens of all possible paints....for almost every car maker and color code possible. So if you have someone coming from the US just give them the your car color name and code if you have it...and this thing does work wonders! the paint matches exactly.....i dont remember the company make of these pens/cans but i had my car keyed once in bombay and I used every possible scratch remover but nothing worked.....the magic pen worked for me and now you cant tell the difference!
Hey dude thanks man...but the thing is I will have to wait till my bro comes down from the US in the month of MARCH......till then :( ???

Any solutions locally available??? any polishes/chemical solutions??? My Vtec is that dark green(almost black)...cant see those scratches on my baby man...its the worst torture...! But I will try to source that magic pen you mentioned...sooner somehow!
Thanks again...
Old 23rd August 2006, 18:08   #27
BHPian

solution for car stickers

have a simple solution abt car stickers....just remove the outer layer by peeling out the sticker..the remaining adhesive that remains...just soak it in oil ....any oil wud do like coconut oil or castor oil at ur plc...keep a lil patience and let it become a lil translucent..when it does rub a lil hot soap solution to it and rub it wit a soft cloth....it will help..try repeating it for stubborn ones....this really works well without damaging the paintjob.....moms solution for stickers on dabbas!!!!
Old 24th August 2006, 18:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
There could be a way to rub off the paint on the body, I heard there are rubbing compounds..

How should it be handles on the glass surfaces..

Your suggestions may make my car shine again..
please take ur car to a car care centre & have it rubbed & polished. do not try anything at home using oils/compounds/diesel etc etc. leave this job to the professionals
Old 24th August 2006, 20:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC
I contacted windshield experts to know if they can fix teh windshield.
They say they can only repair teh chips and cracks. They would not do the the polish or paint removal from the glass.
Owing to a very lazy driver and hardly any maintenance, the windshield of our car is badly mutilated by the windshield wiper blades that have left a bad trail........ have been told that nothing can be done about this.

Any chance of atleast reducing the damage ??

Was at an accessory shop on JC road sometime ago and they offered full body polish for 2K... thats a rubbing with some compound and then a machine polish... didnt get to check what product they were using. Is this worth it ?
Old 24th August 2006, 21:18   #30
Ram
Senior - BHPian

What do they mean by "claying"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
DRC,
Found this for you...
BTW what does they mean by claying???
When contaminants (oils, greases, paint overspray) stick to your car's paint,
washing alone will not remove them. Pre-wax cleaners sometimes help --
I've used WD-40 successfully, but even they may occasionally not be able to dislodge large particles.

In this case, you must use
  1. a rubbing compound, which removes a layer of paint
  2. a detailing clay bar. Clay isn't a polish or a compound, it is a surface preparation bar that smoothes the paint and exfoliates contaminants.

A cake of detailing clay (it's actually polybutene mixed with a mild abrasive) wonderfully removes metallic brake-dust from painted alloy wheels and body-colored bumpers as also tree sap and specks of tar.

I've also used white Colgate toothpaste and pink Gulaal from Holi (they contain mild abrasives). Achieved a brilliant finish by exfoliating the top coat of paint off!

Ram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks