Team-BHP - paint over paint
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   paint over paint (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/7210-paint-over-paint.html)

Guys need help..
Sunday, when I was washing the car, I observed that the outer paint was a sort of rough..I noticed it even on the glass.
I thought it was due to the wax that drop from the tree under which I park every day.
Monday I discovered that, this is the case with all my colleagues who had parked on friday. Some guys were painting the generator yellow using the spray gun. spray might have gotten into air and settled on all the cars around.
What was rough was a thin mist of yellow pain..

Now is ther a way of getting rid of it. Should I have to paint it again? please: Help

as far as my knowledge goes if its a paint spray then its very difficult to get rid of it..u can use diesel oil and c..bcoz i remember the head mechanic of my uncles garage saying its not possible to get rid of the paint..so asked me to keep my car outside the garage as another zen was beeing painted inside...not so sure but thats wht he said...

Okie... I think, I have come accross this problem. I had some paint job to be done after a minor brush with a mini bus. As usual sundaram paint jobs screwed up. All the scratched parts were restored properly, but... there were lot of areas around the painted part which had this rough area. They have not properly covered these areas. And these areas were rough, and lost all the shine, but the paint was there.

The good news is that sundaram managed to restore the area to original shine. They used a magic potion, which one guy rubbed over the surface for over 30 mins pouring lot of water. And finally the rough part was shining all over again. Sorry!!! I dont remeber the name of magic potion though... I was initially scared by the out come, thinking that it might cause problem on paint in long term. But the guy kind of got rid of me saying that they are using this product even on Mercs. So far no porblem though...

But in my case both were same colours. I think its different for you...

"But in my case both were same colours. I think its different for you"

Sadly yes, Yellow over Silver..Looks like a layer of dust :mad:

as far as my knowledge permits get a good polish job with waxing .. the important part should be the rubbing part which should be done manually... i mean not a machine polish..... a good job will take some 2-3 hours and your car should be perfectly ok..... lemme know after its done

Thanks...for the info.
I may have to wait till my office take a decision about the parking policy..keep you posted

There could be a way to rub off the paint on the body, I heard there are rubbing compounds..

How should it be handles on the glass surfaces..

Your suggestions may make my car shine again.. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRC
There could be a way to rub off the paint on the body, I heard there are rubbing compounds..

How should it be handles on the glass surfaces..

Your suggestions may make my car shine again.. please:

Do not use the rubbing compound on the glass surface. Use a healthy amout of paint thinner to soften the paint and a putty blade to scrape the paint off... make sure that you do not scratch the glass while doing so.

As for the body, use the rubbing compund on the areas where the paint has settled this should remove the paint. For a glossy fininh poilsh the areas where you used the rubbing compound.

Thanks Psycho,
Can you help me with a guy who can do the whole job for me(You can PM me). I would like an expert doing it than pout in my experiments..

I live in Bangalore now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkrishn
The good news is that sundaram managed to restore the area to original shine. They used a magic potion, which one guy rubbed over the surface for over 30 mins pouring lot of water.

Magic potion is known as 3M 'Perfect It' in your case.

DRC, go for light rubbing compound followed by wax. You can get it done by 3M from Sundaram Motors.
It should cost you way less than over coat and result is great.

Nope, it was not any 3M product. The name started with letter "F", and sounded like french :p . And had written "no silicone" on top of it.

I have a similar problem but have neglected it for a long time now so i am a bit worried. There was painting going on in my building 6 months back and luckily all my cars are always parked in my garage,except for my black MHC. The car has tiny spots of white paint all over, its invisible from far but when u go close it looks really bad. I was waiting for rains to get over and then have a complete polishing type job done on it to remove the spots and ehance the shine but i am scared that these spots have dried up pretty hard on to my paint, i doubt it will come out with polishing/rubbnig work as i delayed it too long...Pls help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gkrishn
Nope, it was not any 3M product. The name started with letter "F", and sounded like french :p . And had written "no silicone" on top of it.

Hey,

Was it a yellow bottle, if so then it would be probably be Farecla liquid/paste wax. It is a very good british product.

Viper

Okie viper, u got it. I think this is what they used -> farecla, though not 100% sure.
Also any idea who is selling this in india? Have to say that i am impressed with this product...

its available at most of the stores in Bombay who sell car care products.

Viper