Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:06   #1

Frequent Ignition Coil Failures - Indica XETA GVG BS-III

Hi,
I own Indica XETA GVG BS-III, January 2007. I've been facing this nagging problem for the last three months which has caused me considerable inconvenience besides financial loss.

1. Ignition coil failure at 17000 Kms on 26th September 2009
2. Ignition coil failure at 18035 Kms on 27th November 2009
3 Ignition coil faliure and stuck fuel injectors at 18450 Kms on 20th December 2009.

Everytime, the car has been repaired at Tata Authorised Service Centre (TASC) at Faizabad Road Lucknow. I think the guys haven't been able to get to the root cause of the problem. At the time of 2nd failure, full service of the car was also done including fuel filter replacement.
I would request members of group to kindly analyse and possible pinpoint the root cause as I am totally perturbed by frequent failure of the same part within a period of less than three months and 1500 KM run.
Old 22nd December 2009, 19:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Get the complete wiring harness checked and re-checked. Do you keep changing distributors or just the ignition coils?
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:46   #3
BHPian

Hi, doesnt the coil replaced so many times by the TSC , come with warranty ? So, why pay each time ? May be you should put your foot down and ask them to resolve it instead of charging you so many times for a fault which they are fixing !
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:39   #4
Team-BHP Support

What is the financial loss? If its anything to do with the repair, it has to be footed by Tata.

Get the electricals checked completely, starting with the wiring including the powering points for the coil and the wires to plugs. Guess this is something to do with some shorting or grounding leading to the failure.

Have they checked it out the error codes registered in the system, might give some leads.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:22   #5
BHPian

Ignition coil is covered under warranty. Their has to be a fault in the harness, Ignition coils hardly knock off and when they do its after a decent clocking.

My XETA CNG had the Ignition coil replaced at 24000 KM and the the replacement is working great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks