Team-BHP - Multiple issues with my Indigo petrol
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Multiple issues with my Indigo petrol (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/72523-multiple-issues-my-indigo-petrol-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauravc (Post 1683075)
Tata Motors for agreeing to goodwill warranty!
Regards,
Saurav

Happy days are here again Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Sauravbhai is feeling great with his thumbs up

Good going;may the good times continue.

Hi,

I have an Indigo GLS. 2006 model. There is a problem with my power steering system and oil leaks (from a top up, the oil levels have come down close to the Min mark in 3 weeks/750 KM) when I am driving. After I park my car, there are drops of oil that leak for a few minutes after which it it stops. I took my car to a local garage and the mechanic identified the cause to be a minor leakage in the power steering switch. He is assuring me that he will be able to repair it, though is yet to give me a quote.

My questions: Can a faulty power steering switch result in leakage? Is it a major repair that should be done at an authorised service centre, or can the roadside guys handle it? What should the approximate charges be?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Saurav

No road side service to fix this, you have to go to an authorized service center. I had steering fluid leak lately, the problem was a leak in the seal in the steering box, and the entire steering box had to be replaced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevermax (Post 1832251)
No road side service to fix this, you have to go to an authorized service center. I had steering fluid leak lately, the problem was a leak in the seal in the steering box, and the entire steering box had to be replaced.

What were the charges like?

I also had same problem in my Santro recently.
however my oil used to get empty in a day or two itself.

People said whether is 3k, or 30k, you'll have to get it repaired, however when i dropped the car to H.A.S.S. they found it was only a small screw in fluid pipe which missed its grip.

get it attended, its risky to drive with a draining steering fluid.

It is a leak from the steering rack and pinion. I made the mistake of getting it repaired by a local mechanic, the steering became hard and very uncomfortable.

Take it to TASC, they will remove the rack and send it to a Rane TRW service centre nearby. It should be possible to repair within 5-6K. In case there is any problem, PM me, i can send you the contact numbers for Rane TRW central office.

Other options are getting a new rack (16-17K) or a factory recon part (11K) from TASC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauravc (Post 1832229)
Hi,

I have an Indigo GLS. 2006 model. There is a problem with my power steering system and oil leaks (from a top up, the oil levels have come down close to the Min mark in 3 weeks/750 KM) when I am driving. After I park my car, there are drops of oil that leak for a few minutes after which it it stops. I took my car to a local garage and the mechanic identified the cause to be a minor leakage in the power steering switch. He is assuring me that he will be able to repair it, though is yet to give me a quote.

My questions: Can a faulty power steering switch result in leakage? Is it a major repair that should be done at an authorised service centre, or can the roadside guys handle it? What should the approximate charges be?

Saurav

Quote:

Originally Posted by sauravc (Post 1832265)
What were the charges like?

The steering box is Rs. 22,000/- for GP. Labor cost was around Rs. 1000. I paid nothing because everything was covered under warranty.

Hi,
I am facing a strange issue with my Tata Indigo petrol car. (It is ironic that every time I get my car serviced at Tata Motors authorised service centre, a new problem crops up) I got my coolant changed during the servicing last month and the service centre guys cleaned the radiator as well. However, within a few days the coolant started leaking and there were small green puddles of it wherever I parked the car.
I got slightly scared and took it to a roadside garage because the entire coolant chamber was empty one fine day. The mechanic diagnosed a faulty relay that was leading to the radiator fan not running at a high speed and thus the coolant coming out of the chamber. He changed the relay and for a few days it was alright.

Today morning when I opened the hood to check the coolant levels, I was astonished to see only water in the chamber and no coolant! In hindsight, I remembered that on two occasions earlier also I have seen that there is no coolant and only water in the chamber. Then I thought it must have run out of coolant because it was more than a year since I changed the coolant then. But this time it is not even a week since I put new coolant. I am at a loss as to what is the problem. Some other pointers:
1. It is an Indigo 2006 Petrol which has done around 32 K Kms
2. No white fume is coming out of the exhaust
3. No visible signs of coolant leakage after the mechanic changed the relay

Regards,
Saurav

Hi,

I own an Indigo GLS, Petrol, 2006, which has done around 40K Km. Last month suddenly there was a smell of petrol inside the cabin and after I took it to a local mechanic he diagnosed a small leak and fixed it (Rs 200). Three weeks later the smell was back. This time he said that the entire fuel pump assembly needed to be replaced as no further repairs were possible. Charged me around 5K and changed it. However, within the week the smell was back. This time he said the fuel was being thrown out of the assembly because of a choke in the line. He folded the back seat, opened the carpet and a small lid and showed me that petrol was coming out of the assembly when the car started. He repaired it free of cost this time last week.
Today I again noticed some petrol smell coming. I folded the back seat and checked the same place, but there was no petrol gushing out and the place was dry (unlike last time). Similarly, I checked the undercarriage and there was no visible leak. This time the smell seems to be coming from the place where we fill petrol. It is a mild smell but a smell nonetheless. I did a full tank yesterday, after which I noticed this smell. Am getting paranoid and clueless!

Any help would be great.

Regards,
Saurav

No risk taking with petrol leakage GO TO TATA NOW !!!
Had same problem with alto 2004 lxi went to maruti and they solved it . Ur problem may be different but in my case the rat ate the fuel delibery pipe so got the pipe and connector replaced and put a steel mesh around it all done by maruti and no problem till today . 6 months .

I own a petrol Indigo (GLX, 2005). I think I get the smell of petrol every time I feel her up to the brim. But the smell does not last long and vanishes after driving a few kilometers. Did you see any sign of petrol on the ground where you kept your car parked for the night?

Hi,

I have a indigo petrol with CNG retrofitted which has a strange issue for last few days. The rpm suddenly start to climb and settle at 4k! This makes the car un drivable and makes it overheat as well.
I have checked the accelerator cable and it is fine.

I feel this is a electrical issue as it goes off and comes back suddenly at will. Sometimes after a long drive the right most relay in the cockpit makes a clicking sound. Also it heats up when car is driven. Can a faulty relay cause it?

I have lost the cover. Can anyone tell what this relay does?

cheers
vishwas