Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 16:52   #16
BANNED

40 liters of fuel. i guess max i can run is around 300 kms and then the reserve lights come on. so thats like that 7.5 or 8 at max which is bad. is there anyway to tell honda to do something about the same ? since i noticed the newer civic does get better mileage that ways ?
Old 8th February 2010, 17:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
40 liters of fuel. i guess max i can run is around 300 kms and then the reserve lights come on. so thats like that 7.5 or 8 at max which is bad. is there anyway to tell honda to do something about the same ? since i noticed the newer civic does get better mileage that ways ?
from my experience, when I top up (and forced filling of 1-2 litres) after the reserve gauge comes up, there is a significant fuel left as reserve in the tank.. probably around 8-9 litres. So, ideally, you should minus around 7-8 litres from 40 litres to measure the actual mileage... Mine always litters between 14-15 in the display..
Old 8th February 2010, 17:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if it is the same in older Civic.. when using the remote key to unlock, if you do not open any of the door within 30 seconds, the doors automatically relock and the security system is then set... Also, when the car is in locked state, and if I use the key to open the rear door, it does not affect the locked state of the side doors..
Old 10th February 2010, 20:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

The old Civic, the one I have, does not have the auto lock function. While driving if you need to lock the doors you have to manually press the central lock button on driver side.
Any hack to enable this will be really useful.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction. 50L.

Like I mentioned before, if you drive sensibly, you can get 16+ on the highways.

There is no mileage difference for the new Civic.

Personally, I don't give a damn about mileage. Gimme the Type-R. I'll gladly dump in the petrol by the tankfuls with nary a thought. I didn't buy this thing for mileage. I woulda bought a diesel if I was looking for economy.

Last edited by ImmortalZ : 10th February 2010 at 21:28.
ImmortalZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2010, 20:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

The tips given in the link below may be useful to change the door locking behavior of 8th gen Civic.

Door Lock Tricks (Auto Lock, Auto Open) - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

See a method given below to set doors to auto lock when shift gear is moved form P position on Civic AT cars.

Quote:
Turn Door lock ON for vehicles when shifted from "Park" position. (Automatic Only)

1) Make sure shift lever is in Park position, and close the drivers door.
2) Turn the ignition switch to the ON (II) position.
3) Set the Parking Brake.
4) Push and hold the front of the master door lock switch on the driver's door. You will hear a clicking sound, and after about 5 seconds, you will hear another clicking sound.
5) Release the switch, and turn the ignition switch to the LOCK (0) position within 5 seconds.
Apparently, this info is already there in the manual.

Last edited by vasoo : 16th February 2010 at 20:08.
Old 16th February 2010, 20:19   #22
Senior - BHPian

Tried door lock/unlock.

Did not work on my 2006-AT.
Old 16th February 2010, 20:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

I too tried it earlier. Does not work. The second clicking sound is not heard at all.
Old 16th February 2010, 21:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
I didn't buy this thing for mileage. I woulda bought a diesel if I was looking for economy.
Immortalz, buddy you stole the words from my mouth
Old 17th February 2010, 02:52   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Correction. 50L.

Like I mentioned before, if you drive sensibly, you can get 16+ on the highways.

There is no mileage difference for the new Civic.

Personally, I don't give a damn about mileage. Gimme the Type-R. I'll gladly dump in the petrol by the tankfuls with nary a thought. I didn't buy this thing for mileage. I woulda bought a diesel if I was looking for economy.
no 40l i used up only as soon as reserve comes i fill it up so that means 10l is always there in the car. i noticed one thing. first tank i drove nicely 40l and it ran 300 kms. the second tank again 40l and driving with paddles and ac and driving hard and all, the mileage now is better than the first tank. this was funny. i guess civic likes being pushed around.
Old 17th February 2010, 21:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
the second tank again 40l and driving with paddles and ac and driving hard and all, the mileage now is better than the first tank. this was funny. i guess civic likes being pushed around.
I've been trying to find its fuel consumption pattern and so far I've found, it drinks less if you keep it above 40kmph. When I redline on empty stretches within City (ofcourse hard to find!), I'm seeing a drop of ~1kmpl max which I think is good.
Old 18th February 2010, 00:50   #27
BHPian

In AT, any hack to show the gear in 'D' mode?
Old 18th February 2010, 00:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

There's a reflash for it. But I don't know specifics yet. Working with a guy in Malaysia for it.
Old 20th February 2010, 23:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

Today, strangely, my ICE display is showing 'Unsupported version' with my ipod classic 160 GB connected on the USB.. it was working yesterday and before and I have no idea about the sudden glitch. To check if the USB port is in fault, I connected a 4 GB pen drive and it gets connected and can play MP3. I know for the fact that, old iPods when connected show up the 'Unsupported version', but mine is new and was working till today.. Anyone with ideas to troubelshoot?
Old 21st February 2010, 07:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

That's strange, its stopped working all of a sudden.

Try updating the firmware, it will work 99%.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks