Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:28   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Today, strangely, my ICE display is showing 'Unsupported version' with my ipod classic 160 GB connected on the USB.. it was working yesterday and before and I have no idea about the sudden glitch. To check if the USB port is in fault, I connected a 4 GB pen drive and it gets connected and can play MP3. I know for the fact that, old iPods when connected show up the 'Unsupported version', but mine is new and was working till today.. Anyone with ideas to troubelshoot?
Did you update your iPod? Songs or firmware?. If so try to undo or delete some songs. I have heard about some DVD players which fail to recognize USB drives when it grows beyond what can be supported. In case of iPod, I don't think the HU really reads file-list etc, but you can try removing some songs though (if you have added)?
Old 9th May 2010, 12:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Any hacks for displaying instantaneous fuel consumption on the old Civic'c. I guess the new Civic'c come with this feature
Old 10th May 2010, 09:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

You have to do a partial reflash of the ECU. The function is there, but disabled. There is a guy in Malaysia who does this, but you have to send the ECU to him to do it. I think it'll end up being cheaper to just buy and hook up a ScanGuageII.
Old 10th May 2010, 10:39   #34
BANNED

Any flash available to get the full 140bhp instead of the 130bhp in India.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:10   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yep, the Sri Lankan tuner dude does it. I would just wait for the FlashPro to become available and DIY it.
Old 15th May 2010, 11:38   #36
Senior - BHPian

Does the stock Civic HU support portable USB hard drives?

I plugged in a NTFS formatted one, the light started glowing but the displayed showed 'Unsupported'.

Then plugged in a FAT32 formatted HDD, this time it showed 'No Songs'. So I'm guessing FAT32 HDD works. But folders need to be in a particular structure? My HDD has Root/Music/Folder-xxx/yyy.mp3
Old 15th May 2010, 12:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
You have to do a partial reflash of the ECU. The function is there, but disabled. There is a guy in Malaysia who does this, but you have to send the ECU to him to do it. I think it'll end up being cheaper to just buy and hook up a ScanGuageII.
Are you saying the malaysian guy gives better remapping than Zakie who is based out of Colombo, is it worth the spend and safe too? do you have contact details on the malaysian guy, how much does he charges? please give details, anyone in Mumbai can do it?
Old 15th May 2010, 16:52   #38
Senior - BHPian

No, I told that the Malaysian guy enables the hidden trip computer settings. He does do remapping, but I don't know how much he charges or what changes he makes. Zakie is probably the safer and easier option considering he visits India often and does the job here.

Once again, I would just wait until the FlashPro comes for the Asian R18 and DIY it - the device comes with a lot of maps.
Old 27th May 2010, 01:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

Due to sudden torrential rain, I was unable to tank up today. All the fuel indicator bars vanished, the amber light is glowing and I've run around 10kms since.

How much reserve does it have? How many more kms can I run? The fuel station is around 15kms away.
Old 27th May 2010, 09:07   #40
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, Civic has a 50 lit tank and when all bars have vanished it takes in around 45 lit. Theoretically, it should do the 15 km.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

When the amber light comes on, it'll have 7 liters left. When all the bars are gone, it will still have around 3 liters. You should be good so long as you don't get stuck in a long jam or something.

I would advice you not to do this often though. All that gunk at the bottom of the tank sucked through the system won't do your car any good.
Old 27th May 2010, 12:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
When the amber light comes on, it'll have 7 liters left.

I would advice you not to do this often though. All that gunk at the bottom of the tank sucked through the system won't do your car any good.
Right, I never do it. Got stuck yesterday - so ..

Travelled those 15 kms and topped up with 41.1litres. So yes, there's quite a bit of buffer when the light comes on.
Old 27th May 2010, 13:19   #43
BHPian

For all, there are 21 bars on the fuel indicator, every bar means 2 litre = 42 litres, and the rest is as reserve i.e. 8 litres cos the tank is 50ltrs. When the yellow light comes up it means there is still 12 litres as there are still 2 bars visible on the fuel indicator and rest you know as per the calculation above.

I hope this helps.
The Saint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2010, 02:00   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
For all, there are 21 bars on the fuel indicator, every bar means 2 litre = 42 litres, and the rest is as reserve i.e. 8 litres cos the tank is 50ltrs. When the yellow light comes up it means there is still 12 litres as there are still 2 bars visible on the fuel indicator and rest you know as per the calculation above.

I hope this helps.
Nice Logic Saint, Keep it up.
Old 28th May 2010, 02:31   #45
Senior - BHPian

# Unlock the security system from the remote. Open the boot with the key and close the boot, without opening any of the doors. If this is done, the car locks itself the moment the boot is closed. This is fine if the intention was to just open the boot. But if the plan is to keep something in the boot and then walk around and enter the car, one needs to unlock the car again. Am I missing something? Or is this how it is?

# I seem to have read somewhere about AC outlets below the front seats, for the rear seat passengers. There doesn't seem to be any.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks