Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 01:01   #1
BHPian

Lancer Issues

Guys,

Need some help on identifying some problems with my lancer.

1) Oil Grime covering the Oil filler cap and 2 pipes which come out of the Head cover. Otherwise the head and area is clean.

2) I have never got a valve clearence done, I think I should do this along with a compression test. Clocked 85000 KM in 9 Years and the last 10000 KM on CNG.

3) In the Last deluge of Delhi rains, I had got stuck twice in rain water and my car had stalled. After chugging ang chugging it managed to get out of the rain water but after which The silencer makes a sport car noise and I have felt the car driving heavy.

4) I wish to change the AC Belt/Alternator and Power steering belt-Best aftermarket brand and costs if known for the same. Or should I go ahead with the showroom.

I will in the next quarter send my car away on a total revamp, Please advise should one also go in for an engine overhaul. What are costs involved from the showroom if I get it done.
Old 13th January 2010, 00:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

what interval do you change the oil ?

The silence may have some leaks, If the hole is not that big you can do Gas weilding, the guys should be an expert in handling the torch, or he will make a bigger hole.

Or you can replace the whole muffler. lets hope your cat con is not damaged, its expensive to replace.

Belts you can use those made by ACdelco. they provide for most cars in india.

Total revamp
what do you mean by that, modifications , cosmetic change ??

Most Viewed