Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 14:41   #1
BHPian

The Service Center Master Database

The service station feedback and review is highly disintegrated and its quite troublesome to go through individual threads to get to know others experience at particular service center.
Lets have a single reference thread for that purpose. Please post your experiences and other information in following format:
For a faster search please put the model of car in the subject pane.

1. Name and Location of Service Station:
2. Model and Make of Car Serviced/Repaired:
3. Nature of Problem:
4. Review/Feedback description:
5. Do you recommend this service station to other Y/N?:

Rating on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being worse, 10 being best):
Old 19th January 2010, 15:00   #2
BHPian

Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX 2003 model

To start with me:

1. Name and Location of Service Station: Phoenix Motors (Bosch Service Center), Whitefield, Bangalore
2. Model and Make of Car Serviced/Repaired:
Fiat Palio 1.2 ELX 2003
3. Nature of Problem:
Regular Service
4. Review/Feedback description:
The service center is hardly a month old and I am sure I might be one of the first 10 customers. The proprietor is in a full mood to start looting since the inception.

My car has a hard clutch but its not problematic. I mentioned about the missings in my car, he test drove it and found the clutch to be tight, but did not feel anything about missings. Gave me an estimate of 18k. Smelling his intention I told him to do a basic service and let me go.
He tried his best to convince me but I stood firm.
Now from here on, for any type of problem surfacing in the car , he was pointing the reason to be the clutch. Palio has a higher rpm in idling and that guy said its due to the clutch. (I had a bad stomach, had I told him this he would have certainly said its due to the clutch LOL!.)

The center has one mechanic and all other are janitors. It was scary to see the janitors also fiddling inside the bonnet with spanners. My car was a lab machine.
Since they did not know how to engage the reverse gear, they broke the reverse gear lock while fighting with the lever. Thankfully I got the spare from Prerana. This was billed to me.
I told him not to do alignment in the beginning, but when I was out of sight they did it to make it up to the bill and eventually screwed up the alignment.

So end of the day, my car missing problem was intact, misaligned wheels, unnecesarily got the gear lock broke and paid a bill of whopping 4k.

One meru cab(Logan) came in and the driver gave the car and went back. I witnessed the whole story since I was there for full day. They washed the vehicle and parked it in the delivery bay untouched. The driver came in the the evening before I was leaving, he paid some 2k as bills and left.

5. Do you recommend this service station to other Y/N?:
N

Rating on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being worse, 10 being best):
2 (I am rating only for the quality of wash they did)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks