Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 14:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

yeah improper air pressure does also affects this.

but main test is to drive it fast in a straight line and brake without your hands on steering.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2010, 22:17   #17
BHPian

All izz well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
yeah improper air pressure does also affects this.

but main test is to drive it fast in a straight line and brake without your hands on steering.
After your message I got my tyre pressures checked. And yes. One of the tubes had a defective valve and was leaking minuscule air with only 15 kg/cm2 pressure left (hope got the unit right). I got the refilling done and, VOILA, the veering problem was solved. No veering now, either while speeding or braking.

Now my only major worry remains the krr krr sound from the general area of front wheels when I turn hard left. Any tips, people?
Old 28th February 2010, 13:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skdking View Post
After your message I got my tyre pressures checked. And yes. One of the tubes had a defective valve and was leaking minuscule air with only 15 kg/cm2 pressure left (hope got the unit right). I got the refilling done and, VOILA, the veering problem was solved. No veering now, either while speeding or braking.

Now my only major worry remains the krr krr sound from the general area of front wheels when I turn hard left. Any tips, people?

Check your drive shaft and axile. This is a common problem for M800
vinu_pm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2010, 14:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

Nov 1998 was the year I bought my Maruti 800 ac. During my 70000 kms of running, I did not face any major problem.

I exchanged this car for my Scorpio, a couple of months ago.

During regular servicing of my Maruti (which I used to do only once a year as recommended by my users manual), I used to change the filters, change the oil, check the wheel alignment, check the sparks. A change of tyres was done at 40k. I did a window servicing once, as it was getting jammed.

You need to take up repair jobs only if you begin to feel some symptoms, or as advised by MASS guys
mooza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2010, 16:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
You need to take up repair jobs only if you begin to feel some symptoms, or as advised by MASS guys
Only if you feel symptoms of a problem - as advised by MASS only if you are knowledgeable enough to trust what they're saying.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2010, 22:53   #21
BHPian

Guys,

I own a eight year old, non AC, mpfi and white Maruti 800 which has done 25000 kms.

I actually want to sing but I am writing this post because, firstly I have a terrible voice, and secondly there is no way to sing on this forum.

I want to sing in praise of the value being provided by my Maruti 800. My heart fills with joy every time I even think of it.

Eight years. Eight years and no troubles. Eight years full of joy and contentment.

Earlier I used to almost wait for the car to give me some trouble. Though it refused to give me any, I still never rested. But (sorry Sam Kapasi) now, after joining this forum all my doubts are being laid to rest.

And (sorry Sam Kapasi) all this at this price. Applaud to Maruti team.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks