Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 11:02   #1
BHPian

M800 issues

About quite some time back I ran over a road hump at the speed for 80KMPH and since then front left wheel of my M800 makes tacking sound, this sounds comes during the initial move and while taking the turns. As per MASS this is an issue with front left wheel drive shaft and I was asked to ignore it .

My car is running on 12” NEO wheels, Bridgestone Potenza G3 165/60R/12. Rear suspension has been raised a bit as after the upgrade of the wheels rear tire was scrapping the body wall. I feel the ride is not smoother, it’s little bumpy.

Engine response is not all that great, feels as if it’s struggling hard at initial stages at lower RPM . Gurus and BHPians please help me fix above issues.

Car – M800 CARB 1998, clocking 28K KM’s.
Old 28th January 2010, 13:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Push down the car at the front end side at the corner and hear for any clunking sounds.If the driveshaft has a issue why has the MASS asked you to ignore.Check for the CV boots on either wheel and see if its intact.Does the sound comes while driving overpotholes and humps.get your suspension inspected by a comepetent garage.
Old 28th January 2010, 14:11   #3
BHPian

I think you have bent front disc, take out the wheel and look for any deep scratches on the disc. Of maybe Calipers or pads are misaligned due to impact. Also check axle nut (big nut in the center), it might be slightly loose.

Last edited by Hashim : 28th January 2010 at 14:15.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like a worn out driveshaft and it would be better if you replaced it as per the MASS instructions.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:41   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
Sounds like a worn out driveshaft and it would be better if you replaced it as per the MASS instructions.
MASS has told him to ignore the problem
Old 28th January 2010, 15:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho View Post
MASS says this can be ignored as the sound is not loud. Please do suggest some good mechanics thatI can consult for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Push down the car at the front end side at the corner and hear for any clunking sounds.If the driveshaft has a issue why has the MASS asked you to ignore.Check for the CV boots on either wheel and see if its intact.Does the sound comes while driving overpotholes and humps.get your suspension inspected by a comepetent garage.
I dont think tacking sound comes when I am driving over potholes and humps how ever I will check it once again, it is noticed only during the first move and while making the turns.
Old 28th January 2010, 16:54   #7
BHPian

driveshaft for sure. if you can live with the sound you dont need to change it immediately. but if it bothers you change it to either ac delco or inwell. other brands suck big time.i had the same issue in my 800 had to change within six months cause i chose to use the cheaper one
Old 28th January 2010, 17:30   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind splitter View Post
MASS says this can be ignored as the sound is not loud. Please do suggest some good mechanics thatI can consult for this.

I dont think tacking sound comes when I am driving over potholes and humps how ever I will check it once again, it is noticed only during the first move and while making the turns.
hi wind splitter this is definitely a drive shaft problem. i have a 1987 model M800 i have changed it around 3 times now on each side. so if you can live with the sound fine or change it with MGP (maruthi genuine parts) spares. I have been getting my vehicle done for 15yrs at a place near ejipur called mythri automobiles who was previously a maruthi authorised service station now has gone private. PM me if you need the number.

regards
rocky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks