Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 15:28   #31
BHPian

@djjebs : Your idea of Diposing & Replacing is absolutely valid & most of the time repaired jobs are not perfect & near perfect always have niggle as my esteem which just had a small front rough up, developed a habbit of eating up tyres as the fender (or whatever they call it ) could be aligned to perfection. So let it go.

@ addyhemmige : Though I am not sure if you will get a total loss for this vehicle, however if you do then please take it & buy yourself a new car
Old 1st February 2010, 21:35   #32
BHPian

Thank you all, TeamBHP made my life easy by pointing me to the right direction. I have decided to sell it off in the condition it is in right now. But the latest news is the guy is now offering 40k(earlier had promised 50k). I am going to meet up with him the coming weekend & finalize things, Meanwhile also checking with other people who might be interested in picking my car. I keep you all updated
Old 2nd February 2010, 15:37   #33
BHPian

The thing happened from which I feared. Settle the deal for anything above 40k at earliest. For your satisfaction just enquire the second price (both sell and purchase) of your model santro. Just ask the persons that you have 1999 (or whatever is your model) santro in running condition for, what is expected?
This will help you to decide.
Old 2nd February 2010, 16:46   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Alok) View Post
The thing happened from which I feared. Settle the deal for anything above 40k at earliest. For your satisfaction just enquire the second price (both sell and purchase) of your model santro. Just ask the persons that you have 1999 (or whatever is your model) santro in running condition for, what is expected?
This will help you to decide.
Please dispose of your car. There are some guys in Ulsoor who specifically purchase battered vehicles, recondition them and sell them to second hand dealers etc. Please sell off your car to one of those junksters! I am not sure about the ethical aspect of it - but the thing is that anyone who is gonna buy the car from you is gonna recondition the car and sell it to a third party. that is something you can not help - so i personally believe that there is nothing wrong in your selling the car to a reconditioner. The reconditioner and the second hand dealers would generally be unethical, but you can not help that. PM me if you want the location of those people.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:05   #35
BHPian

(Alok): My car is 2000 model. AFAIK if the car was in running condition I could have sold it for 1.20+. Eitherwise I have decided to scrap it off.

harsha.cs1: Can you please PM the details of the people in Ulsoor who buy accidental cars. Also let me know if you know anybody there personally.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:15   #36
Team-BHP Support

Good decision, try to find the best price and sell it off. Its not really worth going through the pain and expenditure of re-building this vehicle. Check with garages/dealers and insurance on how to find a good scrap buyer.
Old 2nd February 2010, 19:33   #37
BHPian

Jaggu: Thanks. Do you or does anybody here have any contacts of people who buy accidental cars. I would appreciate any leads...
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:38   #38
BHPian

Friends,
Thread is going in a correct direction.
Please give information on my question…
As the car is not in running condition but in accidental condition, how the RTO formalities will go on?
For a running condition vehicle there is simple procedure of change the name of owner in RC book. But if the deal if for scrap, what are paper formalities?
I am asking this because…..say the scrap buyer purchases the vehicle. Exercise on it and get the vehicle in a good shape for sale and any accident happen by someone then what??
Old 3rd February 2010, 15:22   #39
BHPian

Scrap guy's contacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjebs View Post
harsha.cs1: Can you please PM the details of the people in Ulsoor who buy accidental cars. Also let me know if you know anybody there personally.
Hey, I do not know the scrap guy personally, but i know where he sits. When you are coming from Indiranagar BDA on the Old Madras Road towards Ulsoor, the Old Madras Road curves rightwards. But if you go straight, you will go to Adarsha Theatre. You need to take that road. I think the road is permitted for only BMTC busses, but this guy's garage is on the left hand side down that road - opposite to Karnataka Bank and just 50 feet away from Adarsha Theatre.
I just sent a pal who lives close by to get the guy's contacts as below:
Mohan - 9141411516
As for transfer, i think the normal procedure will apply since i am sure the mech will repair and resell the car. Just make sure he transfers it in his name and gets the monkey off your back. else he might try to keep the signed papers and then ensure transfer to the next customer directly etc. you should not permit that.
cheers,
Harsha
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:53   #40
BHPian

harsha.cs1: Thanks. I will call this guy. Let's see what happens.
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Well ya i think selling it is a better idea.
Old 17th February 2010, 12:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post

@ addyhemmige : Though I am not sure if you will get a total loss for this vehicle, however if you do then please take it & buy yourself a new car
Finally settled the situation of my Innova. The Insurance company did not agree for a total loss (as expected), but they asked me to go in for something called the 'Cash loss claim'.

I have to sell my car (as it is) to another person (probably a scrap dealer) and the difference amount between the IDV and the selling amount will be borne by the insurance company. So, I will be getting the full Insured value of the vehicle.
Old 17th February 2010, 12:14   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Finally settled the situation of my Innova. The Insurance company did not agree for a total loss (as expected), but they asked me to go in for something called the 'Cash loss claim'.

I have to sell my car (as it is) to another person (probably a scrap dealer) and the difference amount between the IDV and the selling amount will be borne by the insurance company. So, I will be getting the full Insured value of the vehicle.
I dont know if I should be saying this - but you can sell the vehicle for say Rs. X. But inform the insurance company that you are selling it for Rs. X - 20K (will require cooperation of the buyer). and that way, you can actually try and receive something at least realistically close to the real value of the vehicle. I am saying this because the IDV almost never represents the real value of the vehicle - hence getting compensated for the IDV is a huge loss.
Old 17th February 2010, 12:22   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
I dont know if I should be saying this - but you can sell the vehicle for say Rs. X. But inform the insurance company that you are selling it for Rs. X - 20K (will require cooperation of the buyer). and that way, you can actually try and receive something at least realistically close to the real value of the vehicle. I am saying this because the IDV almost never represents the real value of the vehicle - hence getting compensated for the IDV is a huge loss.

Well, One of my friends just suggested the same. The problem here is that the Insurance company facilitated the purchase through one of their regular buyers. And the deal was done (by my dad) even before I could propose such an idea.

But, I guess, these companies may have some fool-proof mechanism to top such things. I agree that getting compensated for the IDV is a huge loss. But what else can you do in such situations??
Old 17th February 2010, 12:29   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
But, I guess, these companies may have some fool-proof mechanism to top such things. I agree that getting compensated for the IDV is a huge loss. But what else can you do in such situations??
I have learnt through experience that getting the surveyor on your side is the key. Once you have done that, everything else is possible. Anyway, glad that your dad has gotten rid of the vehicle. All the best for your new ride!
Cheers,
H

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks