Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2010, 23:06   #1
BHPian

palio 1.2 nv starting problem

I have a palio 1.2 nv 2006 - November model. It has done 40,500 kms. I got the 'self' serviced about 9 months ago by authorised Lucas TVS service center at CHANDIGARH as the self used to miss completely without even a click. That problem was solved in that service.

Lately, there has been another issue while cranking the car (happens randomly). The engine cranks but doesn't come to life even after prolonged cranking. Sometimes the engine doesn't start at all even after cranking for more than ten minutes (in short gaps) only the car shakes. I noticed that after about ten seconds of continuous cranking the 'Injector / check engine / ecu light on the instrument panel comes on. it goes off when i take out the key and crank again. The battery is fine. Haven't been able to take to TASS and as such they are a bunch of nincompoops and therefore i seek your advice to counter their incompetency and false diagnosis.

could it be an issue with injectors or the fuel pump relay? the check engine light doesn't come on while driving, etc. it flashes only when this thing happens. could stepper motor be the culprit?

Note for Mods: I have been though the appended thread but mine is a different issue.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...g-problem.html

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 31st January 2010 at 23:10. Reason: added information
Old 1st February 2010, 09:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like you haven't replaced the plugs, I would recommend that you get a new set of plugs before you try anything, the shudder you are mentioning is due to your cylinders flooding and the plug misfiring.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:20   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

The car seems to have a high-tension electrics related issue - the spark plugs are not firing, or not getting the HT current supply (maybe a bad ignition coil). Does this commonly happen in very cold and foggy weather? Moisture condensation in the electricals somewhere ought to be the culprit.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:36   #4
BHPian

Thank you Psycho & SS Traveller.
This happens at random be it summers or winters. I will get the HT current suppy/ ignition coil checked and get the spark plugs replaced. Does the ecu light blinks if there's a problem with ignition coil or HT supply system?

Last edited by kapilsharma80 : 1st February 2010 at 10:38.
Old 1st February 2010, 10:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, if the ECU cannot read a HT current being generated, or if it reads a misfiring, it'll light up the warning lamp.
Old 1st February 2010, 11:20   #6
BHPian

thanks brother. will post the reply soon.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:40   #7
BHPian

Went to TASS today and as usual their ecu examiner was not in working condition. upon explaining the issue to the electrician he suggested that the curlprit could be a 'pulley' attached to stepper motor or starter. will go to them in a weeks time since the examiner is expected to be back after repairs in 6 - 7 days time.
Old 1st February 2010, 22:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

^^^
What pulley.??.

first things to check are plugs and related components like Coil etc.

and then later you can get your ECU checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks