Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2005, 15:49   #1
BHPian

Car Security System

I have just come across an advert for the New Car Security System called "MicroVBB" on the recent Overdrive Magazine, and it had featured in the recent CNBC TV18 Speed Auto Car Show.

The system allows one to be constantly in touch with the vehicle, regardless of the geographical and physical location of car and the person, through the cellphone

Well, after reading the reviews and browsing the details on the website, It seems that it is a fantastic system as far as the car security is concerned. However I would like to know if anyone on the forum has installed this particular system in their cars, and would appreciate if they can share the details of the performance and whether it could be considered as dependable.
Old 13th September 2005, 01:00   #2
BANNED

hey, I saw the CNBC proggramme 2 !! It sounded real neat but wonder how effective it is in real life ..coz if it is then the 16K that they priced it is nothing specially when allo f us aare driving cars worth a few lacs or more -- and we luv them so dearly ... Even I wud luv to hear frrom anyone hwo has this installed !!

Like CNBC said ' with this installed in your car , u can even leave your windows down ' !! lol

cheers

P.S -- cud u pls post the link to their web site !!!
Old 13th September 2005, 11:29   #3
BHPian

Try http://www.microvbb.net/
Old 14th September 2005, 17:13   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
hey, I saw the CNBC proggramme 2 !! It sounded real neat but wonder how effective it is in real life ..coz if it is then the 16K that they priced it is nothing specially when allo f us aare driving cars worth a few lacs or more -- and we luv them so dearly ... Even I wud luv to hear frrom anyone hwo has this installed !!

Like CNBC said ' with this installed in your car , u can even leave your windows down ' !! lol

cheers

P.S -- cud u pls post the link to their web site !!!

emm

so another good news 4 thiefs, they can evn resell teh stuff 4 10k :d
Old 14th September 2005, 21:36   #5
BHPian

Seems good stuff . One doubt though , since its working on GSM/CDMA mobile technology, this can be cracked though not very easily , as the technology is same as of a mobile phone. Secondly, what happens to places where the signal is weak or low , will it get auto locked or reverse.

Only usage and time can tell about the dependability of the product.

All said and done the concept is good and well thought of.
Old 15th September 2005, 09:35   #6
BHPian

Can some body suggest some good security system (keyless entry) for Fiat Petra. I have no clue about pricing also. Appreciate if you can share the price tags also.

thx in advance
Old 15th September 2005, 15:28   #7
Team-BHP Support

i use one of these old fashioned things...
http://www.theclub.com/default.asp
Old 15th September 2005, 18:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingmepal
Can some body suggest some good security system (keyless entry) for Fiat Petra. I have no clue about pricing also. Appreciate if you can share the price tags also.

thx in advance
Ping, check out this brand called Xenos Car Security.... Its made by Pricol, a company almost all car owners know.... I have it on my car...

Key features: LIFETIME warranty... rather than me talk everything about them, go through their link:

http://www.xenos.co.in/products.html

The firewall 250 is ideal [sans shock sensors] and it costed me 4k, decent enough....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks