Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 09:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volvo truck Interactive Overview

Just came across this superb technical stuff from Volvo.The whole demo of the vehicle is fantastic.

check out this link:::

INTERACTIVE OVERVIEW

Last edited by shishir_bn : 12th February 2010 at 09:16.
Old 17th February 2010, 14:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

I think everyone missed this marvelous(IMO)link and missed seeing the good technical information
Old 17th February 2010, 14:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Yes I missed it last time; Thanks for sharing this link. Its simply awesome; wish such features were available with Volvo in India too; Feel like quitting IT job & get on to truck driving

The best part is most of the common stuffs are a real "plug & play" like just remove them & fit it back, I mean, no bolt nut business. The headlight part is the coolest stuff & really wish such a thing on even bikes.

Last edited by aargee : 17th February 2010 at 15:02.
Old 17th February 2010, 15:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Yes I missed it last time; Thanks for sharing this link. Its simply awesome; wish such features were available with Volvo in India too; Feel like quitting IT job & get on to truck driving
Seriously, with the kind of features that these trucks have, I think enthusiasts will soon start trucking! especially the torque freaks!
Having said that, I really dont know whether these vehicles will click in India as safety and comfort clearly have a back seat to pricing in the Indian market - no one who owns the truck ever drives it!
Old 17th February 2010, 15:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

I've seen so many Volvo trucks, but most of them from NL & some even from KA; I'm yet to see one from TN/AP/KL. Also I've not seen them driving aggressive either (not sure why, may be due to cost). However, there're so many MAN & AMW trucks that I see everyday; I'm sure these will be certainly powerful than our century old AL's & Tata lorries.

Did you know another fact that US is now gradually moving towards trains to move goods from coast to coast instead of depending on their 18 wheelers? Thanks to recession.
Old 17th February 2010, 16:10   #6
BHPian

[quote=aargee;1737468]I'm sure these will be certainly powerful than our century old AL's & Tata lorries.quote]

Tatas also have such high power trucks in their portfolio. Take a look at this thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...rld-truck.html
The picture shows a 40 tonner with a 280 HP engine, with salient features like Climate control, Navigation system, Projector Head lamps, Air bellow seats, Infotainment controls in the steering wheel, etc. as the default options. But no idea when these would hit the Indian roads.
Old 17th February 2010, 16:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

@aargee-- One more addition to this recession. Now Detroit is planning for a metro train for public transportation. There is no puiblic transport in that place. You should have a car to commute. It was a pain for people who went there for short visits like me. But now they are doing it. Good
Old 19th March 2013, 14:06   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volvo truck Interactive Overview

The new Volvo FM is being launched with a comprehensive range of 11- and 13-litre engines that meet the Euro 6 requirements, which come into force at the start of 2014.

The Volvo FM is being unveiled for the first time at the Commercial Vehicles show in Birmingham in April 2013. Production for European customers will get under way in September 2013.

&

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks