Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2010, 20:53   #16
BHPian

@trrk:
I do not high rev my car even in MT so in AT its going to be gradual acceleration for me. Still, trying to get the hang of it and hopefully in sometime i should know how the car behaves

@manim:
when i partk, i shift to P + Hand brake always. Because of the remote auto-locking the doors, i never step out of the car without keys.

@Rehaan:
Good links. was a very informative read and many useful tips to practise.

In i10 tranny, P - R - N - D - 2 - L. So in signals, i prefer N + handbrake as shifting to P has a possible hazard of 'R' if careless.

Thanks all for the responses.

Last edited by ikoneer : 16th February 2010 at 20:55.
Old 16th February 2010, 23:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
@trrk:
I do not high rev my car even in MT so in AT its going to be gradual acceleration for me. Still, trying to get the hang of it and hopefully in sometime i should know how the car behaves

@manim:
when i partk, i shift to P + Hand brake always. Because of the remote auto-locking the doors, i never step out of the car without keys.

@Rehaan:
Good links. was a very informative read and many useful tips to practise.

In i10 tranny, P - R - N - D - 2 - L. So in signals, i prefer N + handbrake as shifting to P has a possible hazard of 'R' if careless.

Thanks all for the responses.
N + handbrake it is for me too, on signals. Also I do switch to N frequently between traffic standstills of 10-15 seconds (do this even more now, because once I dozed off in traffic, just let go of the brake and hit a sumo in front - my air dam bears the sign unfortunately )
Old 18th February 2010, 12:19   #18
BHPian

@Blackasta:
in a bumber-bumber traffic, do you select D or 2? which is the most fuel efficient mode?
Old 18th February 2010, 15:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
@Blackasta:
in a bumber-bumber traffic, do you select D or 2? which is the most fuel efficient mode?
Its always D for me, if I am not climbing a very tight slope (L) or coming down a steep slope (2).
Also, I often switch to N while stopped, so I end up doing quite a bit of D-N-D (you can switch between D and N without pressing the shift button, like a stick shift)
Old 18th February 2010, 16:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Its always D for me, if I am not climbing a very tight slope (L) or coming down a steep slope (2).
Also, I often switch to N while stopped, so I end up doing quite a bit of D-N-D (you can switch between D and N without pressing the shift button, like a stick shift)
Hey that's neat. are you sure it can be done and no damages to tranny will happen. I do not remember seeing any such note in the user manual, will check again today.
Old 6th August 2012, 21:30   #21
BHPian

Re: Hard/Engine Braking in Auto tranny

Hi need some advise from i10 AT owners regarding stock brake pad's life. My ride is touching on 30k kms. There is no noticeable sign of any decrease in braking. I make sure to ask my service guy to check the brake pads everytime and he says it is ok.

Have any of you guys had to change it, how many kms and what cost ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks