Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 18:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Use 1st GEAR in such situations!
Old 19th February 2010, 19:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

Neeraj, your concern is not really a major one. I used a wagonR for 2 years before upgrading to Fiesta 1.6. You know the BHP and torque level difference between the two. I still slot my fiesta to the first gear when it comes to a bigger speed breaker in an almost standstill passing. Its so smooth for the people inside and very healthy for the engine.

Almost every petrol car with lower torque and HP has the same issue, so dont strain your engine, use the 1st gear whenever the car is crawling in less than 5 kmph speed. If I remember correctly, wagonR user manual itself is giving an ideal shifting to 2nd gear when the speed is over 10 or 15 right ?
Old 19th February 2010, 20:21   #18
BHPian

Thanks all..for so many replies. Looks like its not a major issue to worry about.

Trying to go up the slope in second is not a habit..i invariably tend to downshift when i slow down. However, i have seen other (small) car drivers do it in second gear, and was just wondering if there is some issue with the clutch. I wouldnt want to do anything to hurt my dear car by straining the engine or damaging the clutch or anything else

No other complaints with the car though. Not really sure if its a recent problem. Just seems like something i noticed recently. I dont know what knocking means..and have never really tried to "start" it in second gear from motion

If you are slowing down, but havent stopped yet, is it good to shift down to first and continue moving forward, otherwise at second gear, need to manipulate the clutch to keep it from stalling..Have also heard though that you should never downshift to first while in motion?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks