Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 15:13   #31
BHPian

Yipee!Hooray!
OWS has arrived!
Finally the OWS stuff came down to Raipur after its serpentine journey from madras-bombay- sorry chennai-mumbai-nagpur-raipur. It arrived in good condition although one of the cans was slightly dented. Happy with the processing from OWS. Can recommend the buying experience to other tbhp members. Here are a few pics. I am busy today at work. Planning to bunk work for the car tomorrow. . Will be getting the wuerth stuff tomorrow. so plenty of photo-ops tomorrow.

love
Arun

PS-Manoj get ready for some more questions
Attached Thumbnails
Progetto di restauro FIAT Uno (Uno Restoration)-dsc_0212.jpg  

Progetto di restauro FIAT Uno (Uno Restoration)-dsc_0214.jpg  

Progetto di restauro FIAT Uno (Uno Restoration)-dsc_0215.jpg  

Progetto di restauro FIAT Uno (Uno Restoration)-dsc_0216.jpg  

Progetto di restauro FIAT Uno (Uno Restoration)-dsc_0213.jpg  

Old 15th March 2010, 15:37   #32
BHPian

Updating the cost on your behalf,

Total cost incurred,

1575 + 1765 = Rs. 3340

Arun, still flushing or what? Update needed buddy!
Old 19th March 2010, 09:03   #33
BHPian

Update

Sorry all!
Had been quite busy at work the last two weeks. In the meanwhile work was going on,without me updating about it. Was in communication to sharan ramesh and manoj aka scorpian. so didnt get the opportunity to click pictures as I was stuck at work with the car returning late at night.

works done so far:

1. Rust issues settled: got the rust scraped, lucky it was just skin deep, had all the trim removed and fitted new ones. painted back on with the same colour. costs-rs.750/. yet to get a underbody coating done. trims fitted at rs.100 for labour

2. Suspension works: got the tie-rod assembly and lower arms changed. rs.650 for the tie rods and 2100 for the arms. labour rs.500/. tyres aligned after repairs for 200/

3. head lamps: got a new relay with 100/90 halogens, one of the headlamps seems to have lost its shine in the reflector, plan to get depo headlamps when i head to namma bengaluru this month end. bulbs+relay+labour 750

4. engine and gear oil : mobil1/ gear oil-dont remember the exact spec(from castrol). costs rs.2500 for the whole thing including change and a boot on the differential required replacement to prevent gear oil from leaking

5. belts: timing/ac/and one more belt behind it was changed. costs rs. 350 for the belts and 200 for labour.

6. coolant change: golden cruiser at rs.400/ after a free flush provided by the mechanic

7. carb spray diy: got a stp for rs.250/.managed to get the top of mikuni open spray and cleaned the entire bunch of shenanigans.

8. yet to be done
a. under body coating
b. ac gas change from 12 to 134- please advise me on this conversion
c. sound deadening
d.ICE
e. getting a jopasu pack(costs 998), meguairs(1100) . used discount coupons for ebay which got me a 200 buck discount and no shipping charges from 20north on the meguairs.got a waxpol tin(180).waiting for all the items to arrive to exercise my arms. the car is already gleaming, need to make it like miyer's conti!

so how does the ride feel now?
great.smooth. good start up.using choke as advised by sharan ramesh. able to race with the bigger machines.had the thrill of leaving an octy far behind.hehehe.of course i didnt drive rashly. and fuel efficiency has gone up modestly from 12-13 to 14-15 kms to the liter.

arun
will load the pictures soon
Old 19th March 2010, 14:08   #34
CPH
BHPian

Only read this thread now.

I would advise to go for NGK plugs rather than going for Bosch.

NGKs do come in boxes of 10 and in packs of four.

Re. your question about the vacuum advance:

The distributor has got a centrifugal and a vacuum advance They both are layed out to have over the rpm range the optimal ignition timing.

You can set up the distributor without the vacuum advance, which is usually done in racing to protect the engine (because of virtually constant redlining the vacuum advance is up there back to atmospherice pressure giving fatal ignition angles) but this would mean rough idling.
Old 19th March 2010, 20:45   #35
BHPian

@CPH- thanks for the reply

Plugs!-OMG! i forgot to mention in the last post.that was the scoop of the restoration. got 4 magneti marelli plugs! from a local dealer who had them lying in his store and no one would pick them up. and got them cheap too!rs. 500 for the works!

Vacuum advance- there was a thread in the fiat forum which discussed how to check the vacuum advance. result: it works properly!

cost update-rs.14188
satisfaction-priceless!
Old 6th May 2010, 10:44   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sir any updates on the car. Did you managed to get the car cleaned and polished?
BTW if you require, there is a service manual available for the UNO. I can send you the link to download it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks