Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:52   #1
BHPian

Hair Shampoo on Cars, good or bad ??

Guys just out of curiosity. I wanted to know how good or bad are human shampoos for cars ??

Attaching pics of a 1.5 year old Santro seen at Hyundai A.S.S. (The Accent next to the Santro is mine).

This car has been washed in human shampoo almost once every week !!

Hair Shampoo on Cars, good or bad ??-04112009032.jpg

Hair Shampoo on Cars, good or bad ??-04112009033.jpg

Hair Shampoo on Cars, good or bad ??-04112009034.jpg

Hair Shampoo on Cars, good or bad ??-04112009036.jpg

Hair Shampoo on Cars, good or bad ??-04112009035.jpg
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:55   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

That guy is still driving his santro with the plastics on?!?! He must be licking his car clean - forget the shampoo!
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:02   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
That guy is still driving his santro with the plastics on?!?! He must be licking his car clean - forget the shampoo!

He drives & cleans the car himself, No one else is allowed to drive the car.

Cleans it daily and shampoo's the car every Sunday and uses the car cover every single night as well.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:10   #4
BHPian

Wow! That's a neatly maintained car. No words for the owner. And maintaining a white is more difficult than other colours because even small amounts of dust is visible on it.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:14   #5
BHPian

I see hairs coming on bonnet due to Extra fine Human Shampoo

Jokes apart, I don't think its that bad, the car shines and looks cool, I am sure, the human shampoo would be little less stronger than car shampoo.

I am getting inspired to try Dove this weekend on my car, I've a Real Earth color santro and don't mind trying this new idea.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

Does the car have dandruff?

Seriously though, I this human shampoo would be more mild than normal car shampoos..
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:27   #7
Senior - BHPian

Maglev, even if he didn't Shampoo his car and cleaned it with only water daily he would've got the same shine today. Remember, it's a Santro not a 800. That's why I told you to buy i10.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:31   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
.....This car has been washed in human shampoo almost once every week !!.....
Are you kidding me? Shampoo is pretty mild stuff so how does it clean grime/tar/oil off the paintwork? Could it be that he rarely uses his car so any mild cleaning agent works?
The santro looks really good. Any idea what shampoo he is using?
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
Are you kidding me? Shampoo is pretty mild stuff so how does it clean grime/tar/oil off the paintwork? Could it be that he rarely uses his car so any mild cleaning agent works?
The santro looks really good. Any idea what shampoo he is using?
The guy told me that he usually buys the small sachets/pouches, no specific brand though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Maglev, even if he didn't Shampoo his car and cleaned it with only water daily he would've got the same shine today. Remember, it's a Santro not a 800. That's why I told you to buy i10.

But bro Maruti paint jobs are not that bad, to be honest I've never heard a complaint.

Last edited by maglev : 23rd February 2010 at 00:39.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

I'm talking of 800, I saw one today and couldn't find the mirror effect. It was an old car, but even a 6 years old Hyundai Santro will still be glossy than the 800 I saw. My Swift's paint at the Petrol Tank has developed some kind of Pimples with paint chipping. My 1998 Esteem had the same issue and also with paint doing away early and showing the Orange base. But your SX4 has no such issues and I hope it never does.
Old 23rd February 2010, 00:49   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I'm talking of 800, I saw one today and couldn't find the mirror effect. It was an old car, but even a 6 years old Hyundai Santro will still be glossy than the 800 I saw. My Swift's paint at the Petrol Tank has developed some kind of Pimples with paint chipping. My 1998 Esteem had the same issue and also with paint doing away early and showing the Orange base. But your SX4 has no such issues and I hope it never does.

Are you cars parked in the sun because as far as I know UV rays can cause the paint to crack, I could be wrong though.
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Maglev, why will Sun target my Marutis only? UV Rays may or may not, that's a separate issue but paintjobs are supposed to take into account such effects to ensure quality job else for what am I paying the manufacturer. Based on local conditions, alterations have to be brought about in the original design to ensure reliability. In the end, Xing only got its first Polish treatment in April last year and wax in Oct-November in the same year but prior to that it always looked new.
Old 23rd February 2010, 02:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I'm talking of 800, I saw one today and couldn't find the mirror effect. ....
My Swift's paint at the Petrol Tank has developed some kind of Pimples with paint chipping.....
I have a well cared for 2 yr old swift and though I hate to admit it, the shine and reflection are not as good as the cars from the hyundai stable. Also, when seen against the light, small imperfections show up. Of course, I'd never noticed them till I joined TBHP .
Old 23rd February 2010, 02:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

The shine looks unbelievable - maybe the car was wax-polished recently??

And me thinks someone who drives the car around with the polythene cover still on the seats for 1.5 years is a little overboard
Old 23rd February 2010, 04:57   #15
lsp
BHPian

I used to wash my car using Clinic All Clear shampoo - the same which I use. I saw people using detergent mixed well in water to wash the car but thought that the detergent granules might do harm.

For tough oil, tar etc stains I used to rub the washing soap (the dark brown ones like 555 and not Ariel/Rin etc) on the yellow cloth and then use the cloth to rub the stains off. That was the routine almost every fortnight.

The 'cleaner' was always doing a 'kaam-chalau' job and I was never happy with it. His method was just to pour bucket full of water on the car and then wipe it off. Couple of times he flicked some cigarettes from my car after which I just asked him to stop washing my car and discontinued his services.

Last edited by lsp : 23rd February 2010 at 04:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks