Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2010, 16:59   #16
BHPian

Definitely not the turbo , cause even if the turbo was busted the car would pull , since the turbo kicks in at a threshold RPM , even with the turbo jammed the engine would work.
So even with the turbo not working the car should accelerate at low RPM

just my 2 ana
Old 26th February 2010, 17:22   #17
BHPian

Well I drove the car even with Pete's removed and the problem persisted in the morning.
I left the car in its parking place for say 6 hours and when I started it at 330 PM to go to the service station, the car was perfectly normal, turbo wooosh et all no noise, smoothness everything returned. I still went to the service station and told the issue to my service adviser and he asked the guys there to clean the air filter just in case, and connected what you do call that device to the ECM, and the technicians told me that the problem is with the Turbo spoolong and its not kicking in as it should though I did not find any issues with the car i.e. after the 6 hours of cooling down period. Well i am due to drop the car for service and a thorough check up on Monday and its gonna be at the SS until Tuesday, if the turbo is the culprit (even after the cleaning is done) then it gets replaced under warranty.

Guess the culprit.....................a bloody RAT, had chewed up quite a few cables in the engine bay but no big physical damage.

Well anyways the service n check on Monday will give me more clues as to why this happens.

Met Tadukattan at the SS after he say the TBHP stickers on my car. He was there to pick up his Elantra, we chatted up a bit and exchanged numbers. His mention of the price of a new turbo whacked me off (Rs. 70,000), glad the car is covered under warranty whew!!!!. So until Tuesday no further updates from me unless this problem recurs. Thanks for your suggestions, guidance and as for the policing, no issues, everybody has their own views.

I have heard some fleeting statements, where the service technicians blamed owners for bad fuel for the oil pump damage, & for driving with the leg on the clutch, etc. etc. for the clutch plates to get damaged and Swift owners can vouch for this as till date no dealer or for the fact Maruti too, never accepted that the problem lies in the cheapo clutch plates they have on the Swift. I too faced this as I owned a Swift before my current red monster. You win some you lose some for no fault of yours many a times.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:32   #18
BHPian

no smoke, loss of power, so not the clutch, probably the turbo, all the thinking while reading your problem, and lo its a freaking rat. Glad to know the issue was not a concerning one. RIP the rat !
Old 26th February 2010, 19:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Anarchist
If the problem persist just get the fuel filter replaced and also get the ECU error deleted, if any.
IMO, Loss of power is a case of variation in air or fuel supply.
Turbo is quite robust but the engine is sensitive to fuel and air supply so u need to be careful with fuel quality and air filter condition.
Old 26th February 2010, 19:17   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the car must have gone into LIMP mode upon detection of some Air/Fuel supply component problem. Get the car checked properly at a Hyundai ASC.
Old 27th February 2010, 07:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
IMO you are doing it wrong ethically and legally. Think of it before you claim warranty. This is not right on our part that we install something and if it doesn't work remove them and get the dealer to task. But this PURELY MY OPINION. It is always left to the owner to do whatever he wants to do on his car. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Guess the culprit.....................a bloody RAT, had chewed up quite a few cables in the engine bay but no big physical damage.
@shishir_bn - No offence to you buddy, but isn't is prudent before jumping the gun and talking about ethics, legality and correctness? Lets say @anarchist went in with the Pete's intact - the SA will open the hood, see the box and say "Sorry Boss, the box messed it up for you..." - likely?!!

And to be honest, even if I have a Pete's in my car, and even if that blew something up for me, I would still claim warranty after cleaning up the mess - I may not be proud about it or go trumpeting it, but yeah, would have done it anyways!
Old 27th February 2010, 10:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
@shishir_bn - No offence to you buddy, but isn't is prudent before jumping the gun and talking about ethics, legality and correctness? Lets say @anarchist went in with the Pete's intact - the SA will open the hood, see the box and say "Sorry Boss, the box messed it up for you..." - likely?!!

And to be honest, even if I have a Pete's in my car, and even if that blew something up for me, I would still claim warranty after cleaning up the mess - I may not be proud about it or go trumpeting it, but yeah, would have done it anyways!
exactly dude... No isssues...
Old 27th February 2010, 12:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

What's the update ? Anything furthur?
Old 25th March 2010, 15:58   #24

Getz Crdi Turbo

I did a 20k service on my Getz CRDi. When i drive, the turbo kicks in at 1700 rpm and goes on till about 3500 rpm.. But I notice that there is a dip/drag at 2000-2200 rpm. It climbs beautifully before and after that. What could be the reason. Enligtened BHPians.. Please help.
Old 25th March 2010, 19:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

What fuel are you using? And what engine oil?

Try refilling at Shell twice (empty to empty count) and see if the prob is still there.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:39   #26

The fuel i have been using for quite long is Turbojet. I did try the shell recently. Now i am getting an even boost unlike what I had with turbojet which was a quick spike (but of course with the dip which developed later). This is my first fill of shell. Do you think this will improve on further fills?

The oil is just servo. I didnt get a chance to research on that. It would be helpful if you cud suggest me on that too. I have been changing oil at 5K interval even though the service interval is 10K. Which is the oil you suggest and what is the best time to change it?
Old 27th March 2010, 06:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Turbojet?!!

The Getz CRDi, along with all modern Diesels, are not meant to be fed with anything else but pure Diesel - no additives, nothing! Good that you switched to Shell! Try the Shell refill twice to ensure there is no residue of the Turbojet in the tank, and see if there is a difference - and the boost in this car has to be pretty even, considering it is a VGT and the boost increases with RPM. Infact I hardly feel any turbo lag in my rocket!

5000 KM oil change interval is very good! Try Mobile 1 Delvac MX next time onwards. How many KM has you rocket done? Consider moving to fully synthetic oil too.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:17   #28
BHPian

hello

hello
I have the first CRDI Getz of mumbai bought in NOV 2007 clocked 68000 - the car is still a rocket and a fantastic performer in every sense.
Full time In AC the FE is around 13-14 km per litre
regards
dinesh doshi(DINS)
Old 29th March 2010, 00:02   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dins View Post
hello
I have the first CRDI Getz of mumbai bought in NOV 2007 clocked 68000 - the car is still a rocket and a fantastic performer in every sense.
Full time In AC the FE is around 13-14 km per litre
regards
dinesh doshi(DINS)
@dins, your car being one from the first batch, does it have the rear defroster, silver gear and parking brake levers? Any other difference from today's (last batch) rockets?
Old 30th March 2010, 00:42   #30
BHPian

His mention of the price of a new turbo whacked me off (Rs. 70,000), glad the car is covered under warranty whew!!!!.

70K??

What happens if the turbo fails after the warranty period of 2 years..??. with hyundai not offering extended warrenty if it does fail(touch wood it doesn't) your as good as jacked...

Any idea why hyundai is not offering extended warrenty..?? i know the GETZ D production is stopped and all but the engine is still in the verna n the body is still being made for the petrol version. so saying because its a discontinued model doesn't seem right.

Most Viewed