Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 01:31   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well, but that's their policy unfortunately!! And that's why am doing my best to take good care of the baby! A well maintained car's turbo should last on and on provided all precautions (like oil change, idling, fuel quality, etc) are taken care of.

Incidentally, even the Verna CRDi and i20 CRDi have a lesser extended warranty duration option than their petrol counterparts - or did I hear it wrong?
Old 30th March 2010, 03:02   #32
BHPian

Note from Mod : Please avoid using SMS / Slang language and excessive dots.......like...........this.........in......... your.........posts. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Well, but that's their policy unfortunately!! And that's why am doing my best to take good care of the baby! A well maintained car's turbo should last on and on provided all precautions (like oil change, idling, fuel quality, etc) are taken care of.

Incidentally, even the Verna CRDi and i20 CRDi have a lesser extended warranty duration option than their petrol counterparts - or did I hear it wrong?
feel so less important suddenly..

Well thinks it time to pamper her... hope the damage is not done already..

@ph03n!x well since we don't have the option of shell in Goa, which bunk would u suggest, using normal diesel at the moment from bp. Also thinking of going synthetic oil, would u suggest changing the oil filter as well.?? done 16Kms at the monent.

also would a tuning box shorten the life of a turbo..?? was interested in the RD box...

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2010 at 10:49. Reason: Please avoid using SMS / Slang language and excessive dots.......like...........this.........in.........your.........posts. T
Old 30th March 2010, 07:29   #33
BHPian

Guys , extended warranty IS AVAILABLE for Getz and Verna Crdi vehicles . There was a few salescalls on this topic flying around last week.

If i can recall , was quoted Rs 14000 for 2 yrs extra on the Getz Crdi .
Old 30th March 2010, 08:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblood View Post
@ph03n!x well since we don't have the option of shell in Goa, which bunk would u suggest, using normal diesel at the moment from bp. Also thinking of going synthetic oil, would u suggest changing the oil filter as well.?? done 16Kms at the monent.

also would a tuning box shorten the life of a turbo..?? was interested in the RD box...
If you do not have Shell, go for a trusted pump. Am sure you would have had experiences or can ask others who would vouch for one or the other pump. And keep changing the fuel filter every 10k (as per the recommendations in the car's manual). Change the oil filter when you go Synthetic, and then on change it every alternate oil changes - change the synthetic oil every 7500 KM (or stick to Mobil 1 Delvac MX mineral oil and change at 5000 KM).

And I am in two minds when it comes to tuning boxes. I guess I will be going with "stock is safest" option at least for a while - can't complain with the kind of power this beast comes in stock with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Guys , extended warranty IS AVAILABLE for Getz and Verna Crdi vehicles . There was a few salescalls on this topic flying around last week.

If i can recall , was quoted Rs 14000 for 2 yrs extra on the Getz Crdi .
Can you confirm this again for me please? Extended warranty for a GETZ CRDI? I have been asking for this ever since I bought the car, and I have always received No for an answer.

Ofcourse i20 and Verna CRDi have the extended options - but I was wondering if it is the same as the petrol variants or if there is a discrimination there

Last edited by ph03n!x : 30th March 2010 at 08:30.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:28   #35
BHPian

The extended warranty from Hyundai on their CRDi version engines come in two options:

1) 3years/80k kms whichever is earlier @ approx. Rs. 8,600/- after a 20% discount that is available now.

2) 3years/100k kms whichever is earlier @ approx. Rs. 14,000/- after a 20% discount that is available now.

I have gone in for the first option wherein my car's 3rd year is covered, if anyone wants to know what all is covered and at how much I shall scan their price list and offer and post them here.
Old 30th March 2010, 10:32   #36
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 31st March 2010 at 10:50.
Ravenblood is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th March 2010, 11:43   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
The extended warranty from Hyundai on their CRDi version engines come in two options:

1) 3years/80k kms whichever is earlier @ approx. Rs. 8,600/- after a 20% discount that is available now.

2) 3years/100k kms whichever is earlier @ approx. Rs. 14,000/- after a 20% discount that is available now.

I have gone in for the first option wherein my car's 3rd year is covered, if anyone wants to know what all is covered and at how much I shall scan their price list and offer and post them here.
@suren. Had a chat with the guys at hyundai. they still denying it.. can u please post the scanned copy.
Old 30th March 2010, 12:58   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
A well maintained car's turbo should last on and on provided all precautions (like oil change, idling, fuel quality, etc) are taken care of.
@ph03n!x :- Thanks for the advice. Btw by idling do you mean idling before stopping the engine to cool the turbo down? Is there any specification to idle before speeding off.??
Old 30th March 2010, 13:35   #39
BHPian

Hi,

The recent update is as follows: Though the turbo functioned properly, the HMIL SE told me that the wiring of my music system is chaotic and I should remember never to cut the stock wiring of the car at any cost. I had to drop the car back at Advaith as I started facing engine stall when the clutch is depressed and I downshift to 2nd. He said everything has been sorted out and I can give it a test. I took delivery of the car headed back to work. When I leaving for home a bit later in the nite, the problem showed up again, imagine youself in peak traffic and your engine stalls and the maddening traffic behind you starts honking like therez no tomorrow. I had to give the car back to Advaith, the SE suspected that the Rail sensor might have gone kaput or there would be some problem in the rail itself, evening when i picked up the car, he told me that the injectors and the diesel filter was cleaned thoroughly and he had tested the car driving around the city for close to 50 KM's and the stalling never happened.

Well its been a week since this is done, my car is running smoothly without any problems, I have driven close to 1000 KM since my last visit to the SS and everything seems fine, I have removed my Pete's box, when I did use it after the car came back from the HMIL SS, the rev limiter was cutting off at 3500 rpm, that surprised me as this has never happened ever, I removed the box and found the car to go to 4000's RPM with ease and do a 180 kmph (BLR-CHN expressway) without any hiccups. So its gonna be no PETE's for my monster for a long time to come.

Moral of this story: Stick to regular diesel and don't go for any of the turbo or super. make sure you know that the pump you use does not adulterate of any kind, these CRDi's seem to be sensitive to change in fuel/gas/diesel. Happy motoring folks.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
I have removed my Pete's box, when I did use it after the car came back from the HMIL SS, the rev limiter was cutting off at 3500 rpm, that surprised me as this has never happened ever, I removed the box and found the car to go to 4000's RPM with ease and do a 180 kmph (BLR-CHN expressway) without any hiccups. So its gonna be no PETE's for my monster for a long time to come.
Anarchist

What filter u using right now ? Is it clean ?
Are u running Petes in +1 setting ?

Bcos thats exactly what happened with me, the engine used to cut off at 3000 rpm when i put the box in +1 setting. The air filter couldn't provide sufficient air to meet the requirements of the box in +1 settings. The moment i put it back to the normal setting everything was fine.

Last edited by kpzen : 30th March 2010 at 13:59.
Old 30th March 2010, 13:59   #41
BHPian

Attached please find the prices and the parts covered.

Getz CRDi Turbo gone bust????-price-list.jpg

Getz CRDi Turbo gone bust????-parts-covered.jpg
Old 30th March 2010, 14:07   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please scan the price list and post it for us. Btw, does it specifically mention Getz CRDi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_driver View Post
@ph03n!x :- Thanks for the advice. Btw by idling do you mean idling before stopping the engine to cool the turbo down? Is there any specification to idle before speeding off.??
Yup, a 30 seconds idling before speeding off, and not pushing the car until the blue light in the revmeter goes away.

Quote:
the rev limiter was cutting off at 3500 rpm, that surprised me as this has never happened ever, I removed the box and found the car to go to 4000's RPM with ease and do a 180 kmph (BLR-CHN expressway) without any hiccups. So its gonna be no PETE's for my monster for a long time to come.
This is surprising. I remember reading somewhere that the car does not have a rev limiter, and we have to really careful while revving her up - someone's thread had also said that their car was driven past the rev counter's max by a petrol head - don't remember the thread now

Quote:
Moral of this story: Stick to regular diesel and don't go for any of the turbo or super. make sure you know that the pump you use does not adulterate of any kind, these CRDi's seem to be sensitive to change in fuel/gas/diesel. Happy motoring folks.
All modern CRDi engines must be feed ONLY regular Diesel, and not turbo / speed / super / whatever-they-call-Diesel-with-additives. I guess some user manuals too mention this (though not sure if the Getz's manual does). And clean fuel is a definite must - that's why I swear by Shell, because I never faced a problem with the quality (price - yes, quality - no!). I haven't been able to decide on a reliable non-Shell pump till now, probably because I am not looking hard enough!

Quote:
Attached please find the prices and the parts covered.

Attachment 318503

Attachment 318504
Well, this shows two things:
  1. Hyundai Getz CRDi is not an option for buying extended warranties
  2. Hyundai discriminates against their CRDi vehicles by not giving them 4th and 5th year warranties
  3. Hyundai do not trust their i20 Diesels after 80000 KM, and Verna Diesel after 100000 KM
Silver-lining for us Getz CRDi owners? Hyundai at least trusts the 1.5 Litre CRDi mill to last longer than a i20 CRDi mill!

On a side note - Sonata is nowhere in the list?

Last edited by ph03n!x : 30th March 2010 at 14:21. Reason: Update after Suren181's post
Old 30th March 2010, 14:16   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a similar problem that i faced with my Viva CRDi some 6 months ago

Suddenly the car loses power. And, when i press the accelarator, the car wont move forward. Then i move to a higher gear it moves forward and then again loses power. Frustrating experience.

Showed it to Laxmi Hyundai and they just deleted some error codes in the ECU and now its over 10K kms and that problem hasnt re-appeared. They charged me some 500 odd bucks for that procedure.

btw, i too run with a pete's box.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

What you have written does not seem to be a problem with the Turbo. As you said, that acceleration seemed to be low and there lacked power acorss all bands, it could well be a problem with the fuel lines as well.

Probably some clogged lines, thereby resulting in not enough fuel going in and hence the dip in power.

This does not seem to be a problem with the Turbo
Old 30th March 2010, 17:02   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Anarchist

What filter u using right now ? Is it clean ?
Are u running Petes in +1 setting ?

Bcos thats exactly what happened with me, the engine used to cut off at 3000 rpm when i put the box in +1 setting. The air filter couldn't provide sufficient air to meet the requirements of the box in +1 settings. The moment i put it back to the normal setting everything was fine.
+1 - its the air filter that is causing that. without the petes box less air was required so the car could rev to 4000rpm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks