Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2010, 17:18   #46
BHPian

Well about the absence of the rev limiter mentioned above by pho3!nx, was in fact is my post where a petrol head crossed 5k on all the gears.

I was using K&N stock replacement filter, which was damaged I don't know how, now I am using the stock filter and the problem existed even then, the turbo problem and the stalling are two different issues that I have faced, and the turbo thinggy has no recurred and the stalling I would say the car stalled over 50 times in two to three weeks even after getting it repaired at Advaith A$$. Now since hte injectors and the fuel filter cleaned, there is no issue at all. I think what kpzen has mentioned I did fiddled with the pete settings and tried +1 and also for sometime that was a while ago.

Can you Pete box owners help identify which is the exact position i.e how does the normal, +1 & +2 setting look like, I mean can you share me the picture with the positions so that i can try putting it back to normal setting and see how it works???. Anyways I am moving out of the country in the next two weeks and my monster will be used by my bro' so I wanna ensure I try out these settings once before I let my baby go.
Old 19th April 2010, 18:19   #47

Turbo hose disconnected

I had a similar problem last Thursday on my drive to Mangalore. About 20 kms outside Mangalore I heard a loud pop and the hiss of escaping air and cursed thinking I had a flat! Once I stopped I realised that it was not a flat and also wondered how it could sound like that since my car is on tubeless tyres!!

Began driving again and then realised the turbo was not kicking on and I had absolutely no power! It was driving an underpowered diesel Ambassador!! Had me worried and since I was close to Kanchan Hyundai went straight there. They said they will check the car and get back to me. Told the service manager there that the turbo hose must have come off and to check it. He calls me in the evening and says there is an oil leak and the turbo shaft must have siezed!! They wanted to strip the turbo and also check the intercooler since the oil was leaking somewhere according to him. I then called someone in Hyundai and told him the warranty expired on the 26th of March and I would not pay even though the warranty had expired. Know the folks pretty well at Trident too and then spoke to them to put pressure.

Finally the guy calls me and says that a hose had got disconnected and the final bill was Rs. 220/-. The hose had apparently worked loose because of a loose nut. I have also had problem the previous month with the oil seal on the power steering being replaced due to leakage.

The car is running perfectly fine now but the main concern as addressed in this forum is about Hyundai not giving an extended warranty on the Getz CRDI. Someone had also called me saying it is available but backed off immediately when they found out it was a CRDI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks