Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 16:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
intoxicangel,
I took out my phone and captured it on video, will share it with the Manager of the service station during my next visit.
gpa
GOSH!!, it looks like they don't care about others hard earned money!

@gpa, just post it in any of the video hosting sites like youtube. They will get the deserved beating online & necessary actions.

By the way cheaper/lowcost spares from maruti suzuki does not mean they are bad in quality. Googled, found it is a chinese manufacturer for that 'KKK KP35' turbo & lots of other popular car manufacturers using them, so should be good enough. By the way 15k is good amount for a general purpose car turbo, unless you are performance rated. As @intoxicangel said 60k would be for all the other accessories of a new turbo installation, like, blow-off valve, piping, manifold, waste-gate, oil-line installations, & integrating/upgrading the ECU, tuning, labor costs, along with the turbo itself. So 60k looks like it is weighed in the right way .

Dont worry @intoxicangel, the RNS is well known for its after sales service reliability. As said by Pavan, it will come out clean & tidy.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:54   #17
BHPian

Hi,

The turbo normally does not go. Secondly, if amplifier is installed sometimes the amplifier makes noise due to improper DC power filtering. Do not worry about RNS Motors. They are the best in dealership. They will take good care of your car and your car will return perfectly OK
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:20   #18
BHPian

Ok, so here is the update!!

26th Feb - Car was given for service to RNS with all the waiting and natak.
27th Feb - Call came from RNS stating faulty turbo and replacement would take time
1st Mar - Call from RNS stating that one of the fins was damaged
3rd Mar - Call from RNS to say car is ready and to be collected at 4.30pm

3rd Mar 6PM - I just spoke to my dad and brother since they had gone to collect the car, and the whistle has reduced to about 20% the sound it was making before the car went into service. The engine sound has also dropped a little.

Now I want to so so so so just drop everything here and head back to Bangalore to drive my car again and be the judge of the job that was done!! But that will have to wait till the 10th of this month...

In a way I would like to thank Maruti for the concept of extended warranty!! so till Dec 2013 I am safe against another failure if any in the future!! lol!!!

Feeling a little relieved that the car seems to have come out good but then can't figure till I get to drive her!! Looks like I need to fake "an emergency at home" in the office here to head back!! But at the same time that emergency could backfire during my appraisal since it is scheduled for the 8th here in Mumbai!!

But shall definitely go back, take a drive and post the difference here in this same very thread!!
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
When I was at my MASS for a routine service, a fresh batch of Swift (D) arrived and one of the delivery/service guys put the car in first gear, released the clutch and cranked the car jerking it forward instead of starting the car and moving it ahead. He did the same till he reached the parking spot and reversed the car into the parking bay in the same manner. One of the mechanics told him, that the starter will burn out and he replied - "So what, they (customer) can change it".

I felt like clobbering the low life right there

I took out my phone and captured it on video, will share it with the Manager of the service station during my next visit.

Is this what our cars are put through before they are given to us? I know it's a long shot, but something similar could have happened to your car as well.
Send this to Maruti Suzuki as well. Such things should be brought to their notice, if something good comes out of it it will benefit all.

Such people create losses for both the customer and the company. More for the customer.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...on-thread.html
mandatory read
Old 4th March 2010, 10:29   #21
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
That is scary, which service centre? Hope it's not Sagar auto on banerghatta road
Nope, its not Sagar auto, so you can breathe easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoxicangel View Post
@gpa - ouch, ouch, ouch!! nasty buggers!! this is what happens when the country puts a brand high up on the respect chain!!
exactly my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
@gpa, just post it in any of the video hosting sites like Youtube. They will get the deserved beating online & necessary actions.
I could have put it online for all the MUL bashing folks to have a field day. Instead, to tackle this problem, you have to go to the roots, and so I will go and talk to the Customer Service Manager whom I know very well and show this to him, I do believe that he will take the necessary action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Send this to Maruti Suzuki as well.
Sankar,

Thanks for your input, I am going to do just that if this problem is not tackled by the Customer Service Manager here.

Regards,
gpa

Last edited by Dippy : 4th March 2010 at 14:31. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 4th March 2010, 10:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Glad to know you got the issue sorted out.
@gpa thats shocking. Forget posting it on You-tube, you need to give it to Aaj tak.
MUL needs to fire that idiot on the spot. Don't know how many cars will be damaged.
Old 14th March 2010, 12:13   #23
BHPian

Up and Running!!

Hey,

Sorry for the late update, but I got back to Bangalore last Wednesday. Took the car out to get to work and its good!!

The turbo whistle is at the audible minimum (as in all turbo cars), engine sound reduced a little bit, but not much!!

But I have a feeling I am going to have a visit to RNS again soon. The gearbox has gotten hard and notchy now!!

Plan on a long drive sometime about, thats when I shall actually figure out the difference!! Shall post again then!!
Old 14th March 2010, 16:23   #24
BHPian

the hard and notchy gearshift could be because of lack of grease, especially if they've sprayed the underbody with high pressure water.
You could have it greased and then check it out.
Old 15th March 2010, 00:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

It may be cheap @ 13000/- but its made by Borg warner, a relatively good company.

Thing like turbo charger which has lot of wear and tear throughout its usage can be damaged easily.

EVen if people say newer turbo doesn't need idling etc. blah blah!
You should idle it.

Atleast maruti dealer is ready to change it and only waiting for the parts.

Think of an ordeal a friend had to go to get it done on a Laura. and had to file a case against the dealer in Gujarat. and it was a month old laura.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2014, 20:58   #26
BHPian

Re: Swift Vdi - Failed turbo under 5K on the clock!!

The Turbo of my Sep-2012 Ritz Ldi with 35000+ KM on the Odo is diagnosed as "Turbo Going to Fail/ not performing fully" by MASS SA. I was driving very sedate since last one year as our baby was on the way. So I never felt if there was any turbo lag or punch is missing. I also checked and felt that its not the same good old kick and there is noise when turbo kicks in.

However the manager of MASS said lets change it under warranty itself rather than waiting it to fail completely. ( I have 3rd year's extended warranty too).

The part has arrived, and this saturday I will be going there to drop the car for this surgery. I am concerned how will I ensure that they put in the brand new turbo and not some used one from any other car. I am planning to check the new turbo to ensure that its a seal packed box and I will ask them to give me back the old turbo of my car.

But still I am worried what if they don't fit the new one.
Old 11th September 2014, 21:24   #27
Team-BHP Support

Please be present to ensure that a new one is put in. But if its a warranty replacement, I doubt whether you'll get to keep the failed part.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 00:19   #28
BHPian

Thanks Eddy bhai.

I will try to do that but the typical MASS response, "Sir pls wait in the waiting area, customers are not allowed in the service bays" .

But I will push them to let me be there when it is changed.
Old 12th September 2014, 00:31   #29
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster1311 View Post
The Turbo of my Sep-2012 Ritz Ldi with 35000+ KM on the Odo is diagnosed as "Turbo Going to Fail / not performing fully" by MASS SA.
Why not check the turbo once, plumbing too.

Quote:
However the manager of MASS said lets change it under warranty itself rather than waiting it to fail completely. ( I have 3rd year's extended warranty too).

The part has arrived, and this saturday I will be going there to drop the car for this surgery.
Good that it is being changed under warranty.

Simple advice, be there 24x7 when they are working on your car whatsoever. Don't listen to them, they'll say rules do not accept etc etc!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2014, 01:29   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If its a warranty replacement - there is little room for mischief. You would only need to make sure that the new part they received has gone into your car. They will need to send the defective parts to Maruti as well, so I dont think you would be allowed to keep the failed turbo.

These days - most dealers would prefer to give you a shocker once your warranty has expired. Its nice to hear of the SA himself pushing for a warranty replacement.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks