Old 9th March 2010, 02:18   #16
BHPian

sure sir, i'll keep this thread updates on maintenance of the dash
Old 9th March 2010, 08:20   #17
BANNED

Very Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Just make sure to use some dashboard polish on the non painted area, so as to make that region shine as well.
Also its time to change the steering wheel grip too.
Old 9th March 2010, 09:22   #18
BHPian

thankyou sir. ya even i was thinking of doing so, but i was unable to source a similar one. i hope i'll try to get one within this week.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:56   #19
Senior - BHPian

Singh Sir, did you paint this by yourself or got it painted else where & applied clear coat? Also appreciate if you can provide the brand details of paint & clear coat & cost factor on basis of work (say like per sqft or per piece of plastic etc).

The reason I'm asking is because, your effort has provoked me a thought to change the interior color of my WagonR from grey to something better, provided the cost factor works out less. I think, it will require only changing the color of all the plastics used in the entire dash & side panels, may be I can get it done in less than 3K.

Appreciate your effort & time taken to share it with us.
Old 9th March 2010, 11:12   #20
BANNED

singh sahib, good looking. my freind had the same DIY like you did.
Old 9th March 2010, 13:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Singh Sir, did you paint this by yourself or got it painted else where & applied clear coat? Also appreciate if you can provide the brand details of paint & clear coat & cost factor on basis of work (say like per sqft or per piece of plastic etc).

The reason I'm asking is because, your effort has provoked me a thought to change the interior color of my WagonR from grey to something better, provided the cost factor works out less. I think, it will require only changing the color of all the plastics used in the entire dash & side panels, may be I can get it done in less than 3K.

Appreciate your effort & time taken to share it with us.
thankyou sir for having a look at my thread. here are the answers to your queries

1. i got the dash painted by a professional painter. the job included the clear coat also.
2. i am not familiar with the company of the paint which has been applied, but i will inquire it from the painter and let you know as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
singh sahib, good looking. my freind had the same DIY like you did.
thank you sir, but this is nothing in front of the work done in your ANHC. greak work sir.
Old 9th March 2010, 13:28   #22
Senior - BHPian

Thats a nice way to refresh the interiors

I was going to ask you the painting process but I believe you got it done from a painter. so Rs 500 was Painter charges?
Old 9th March 2010, 13:30   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
thank you sir, but this is nothing in front of the work done in your ANHC. greak work sir.
yaar DIY is a DIY like an idea is an idea, it doesnt matter if its big or small.
Old 9th March 2010, 13:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Thats a nice way to refresh the interiors

I was going to ask you the painting process but I believe you got it done from a painter. so Rs 500 was Painter charges?
yes sir. rs500 were paid to the painter. in this diy, my role was just unscrewing 4 bolts and then re-screwing them again after the paint job was done.

Quote:
yaar DIY is a DIY like an idea is an idea, it doesnt matter if its big or small.
yea i totally agree to that sir. sir can i please audition your ride. i am supposed to go to ludhiana this month around the 25th. i'll be in dugri. do u stay around the same area?
Old 9th March 2010, 13:59   #25
BANNED

Quote:
sir can i please audition your ride?
sure! why not.i live in model town ext and its near dugri.

but theres nothing too much for the audition. i have to get my ICE setup yet in delhi at GYRO. all you will see is alloywheels and touch screen, that too not in working condition. lol

Last edited by monty9991 : 9th March 2010 at 14:01.
Old 9th March 2010, 14:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
sure! why not.i live in model town ext and its near dugri.
thats great. sir i will keep you informed about my plans for the visit.
Old 9th March 2010, 20:14   #27
BHPian

i need some help. i have bought a dash polish and a car polish. so which one should be applied on the painted surface?
Old 9th March 2010, 21:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i need some help. i have bought a dash polish and a car polish. so which one should be applied on the painted surface?
If by Car Polish you mean something like 3M's Finesse then it's nowhere recommended, atleast on the plastics. Dash Polish should do the job.

Moreover, I think a car wax like Turtle should do the job to the painted area of the dash. I think so because I wax the body-coloured bumpers.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:03   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
If by Car Polish you mean something like 3M's Finesse then it's nowhere recommended, atleast on the plastics. Dash Polish should do the job.

Moreover, I think a car wax like Turtle should do the job to the painted area of the dash. I think so because I wax the body-coloured bumpers.
i am just afraid that due to the texture of the dash on which i have painted, the paint would chip off. i have ordered all the polish from com paint.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:43   #30
BHPian

thanks for paving the way i was contemplating doing this to the scorpio will proceed asap .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks