Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2010, 12:55   #1
BHPian

Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem

Hi All,
It came to me as a rude shock to know that few batches of the Ritz production have a bonnet alignement problem. Mine is one

Went to MSM in Ekkatuthangal, chennai as I found that the right side of the bonnet had a gap that my index finger can get in easily. Took it to MSM and found there were few cars in for service and they had almost the same amount of gap near the front head lights. The engineer mentioned that they found a certain batch of cars having similar problems. Unless you do not take it for the service, you might not have them rectified. No global recall!!!

The engineer mentioned it will take 2 days to remove the entire bonnet section and the bumpers to re-align it completely. Am still wondering is it the bonnet alignement or just the lock issue.
Old 17th March 2010, 12:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Oh, then i will have to check mine also .
Did they mention any particular batch of vehicle which has this issue ?

Will check mine
Thanks
Old 17th March 2010, 18:25   #3
BHPian

Nope. I bought mine in December 09. So could be ones that are 2009 makes.
Old 17th March 2010, 18:42   #4
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I think if the problem is with all other cars the workshop would indicate it to the manufacturer and they will probably ask other centers to check if its the same problem with all cars or certain batch ones.

By the way would this fix up cost you anything?
Old 17th March 2010, 18:50   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
I think if the problem is with all other cars the workshop would indicate it to the manufacturer and they will probably ask other centers to check if its the same problem with all cars or certain batch ones.

By the way would this fix up cost you anything?

Nope, nothing to pay for. Its part of the warranty I believe.
Old 17th March 2010, 19:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

I do not understand how do these cars clear QC, those guys should be fired.

Pramod
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:28   #7
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi All,
It came to me as a rude shock to know that few batches of the Ritz production have a bonnet alignement problem. Mine is one

The engineer mentioned it will take 2 days to remove the entire bonnet section and the bumpers to re-align it completely. Am still wondering is it the bonnet alignement or just the lock issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Oh, then i will have to check mine also .
Did they mention any particular batch of vehicle which has this issue ?

Will check mine
Thanks
Did you guys get this fixed? Do let me know. Is that a common problem?

Thanks,
C_
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
Did you guys get this fixed? Do let me know. Is that a common problem?

Thanks,
C_
No , i don't think this is common problem.
But i also faced the same things after my bonnet was replaced due a damage .
It was not aligned properly after putting the new one and its a 5 mins job to fix it

Cheers
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:14   #9
BHPian

Quote:
It was not aligned properly after putting the new one and its a 5 mins job to fix it
Cheers
Quote:
Hi All,
Is this the problem you are talking about?

See the pictures with highlighted panel gaps.

Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem-mookampika-randoms-525.jpg

Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem-r2.jpg

Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem-r11.jpg

I feel, I see a similar panel gap in my Ritz too. I will get those pictures too.

NOTE: Most of the Ritz cars that I came across on Team-BHP have it on the left side of the car as shown in the pictures.

Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:31   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is this the problem you are talking about?

See the pictures with highlighted panel gaps.

Attachment 881331

Attachment 881332

Attachment 881333

I feel, I see a similar panel gap in my Ritz too. I will get those pictures too.

NOTE: Most of the Ritz cars that I came across on Team-BHP have it on the left side of the car as shown in the pictures.

Thanks,
C_
That's how all the cars come .
Just make sure on both side the gaps is similar, in that way you will make sure thats it aligned properly .

In my case , when the bonnet was replaced one side had huge gap compared to the other side, so i knew it was not properly fitted.

Also sometimes , the bumper also might need to be aligned if needed .

Hope that helps
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 15:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Even my car has same sort of gap on the right side, initially when I noticed it I thought somebody has banged my car while it was parked but failed to notice any other sign of damage.

I will click a picture and post here for confirmation.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Went to MSM in Ekkatuthangal, chennai as I found that the right side of the bonnet had a gap that my index finger can get in easily. Took it to MSM and found there were few cars in for service and they had almost the same amount of gap near the front head lights. The engineer mentioned that they found a certain batch of cars having similar problems. Unless you do not take it for the service, you might not have them rectified. No global recall!!!

Quote:

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Even my car has same sort of gap on the right side, initially when I noticed it I thought somebody has banged my car while it was parked but failed to notice any other sign of damage.

I will click a picture and post here for confirmation.

Folks,

In continuation to the pictures of various Ritz with bonnet misalignment / panel gaps (that I found on Team-BHP) which I had posted in this thread earlier, I am now posting a few pictures of my Ritz.

Could you please take a look and advise me if I need to get this rectified?

First Service is due this week, and I would like to get this addressed as part of that.

Front Views:

Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem-1.jpg

Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem-2.jpg

Front Right Angle View:

Index finger will not go in, in these gaps.Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem-3.jpg

Front
Left Angle View (if the text in this pic is not readable, please click on the image for better readability):

Not only the Index finger, but a thumb will go in too, in these gaps.

Maruti Ritz- Bonnet alignment problem-6_large.jpg

I might have overseen this during delivery and the initial week, but as soon as it caught my attention, I did this exercise.

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
C_

Last edited by Coolman : 7th February 2012 at 11:52. Reason: Last image had poor text quality
Coolman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 11:43   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Folks,

First Service is due this week, and I would like to get this addressed as part of that.

I might have overseen this during delivery and the initial week, but as soon as it caught my attention, I did this exercise.
Better to get it rectified.
I had a very similar bonnet misalignment on my linea (same side as yours) and it is a trivial job to fix this issue.

Check out the alignment mismatch on my car prior to the first service, in this pic. The co-driver side has more gap than the driver side, especially near the headlights and front grill

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...view-front.jpg

I had it rectified during the first service and they did it free of cost, now it looks perfect. It usually requires some adjustment near the hinges so it shouldn't take longer than a few minutes. Point this out to the service advisor and make sure he does this during the first service. Just make sure the edges of the bonnet lid do not touch the headlamps when the bonnet is slammed in.

Last edited by KarthikK : 7th February 2012 at 11:52.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 12:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

In continuation to the pictures of various Ritz with bonnet misalignment / panel gaps (that I found on Team-BHP) which I had posted in this thread earlier, I am now posting a few pictures of my Ritz.

Front Views:

Attachment 883901

Attachment 883902

Front Right Angle View:

Index finger will not go in, in these gaps.Attachment 883903

Front
Left Angle View (if the text in this pic is not readable, please click on the image for better readability):

Not only the Index finger, but a thumb will go in too, in these gaps.

Attachment 883919

Appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,
C_

Yes, there is an alignment issue here in your car. Also check if you front bumper is also properly fitted, that also creates these gaps .
See if you are bothered about it , get it fixed they will do it without any questions asked, otherwise you can ignore.

I remember when i got mine done, the service advisor told me that , most of the people dont even notice these things but i was able to point out these minor things to them . So from then onwards they know when ever they work on my car, they will have to do it RIGHT in the first go , otherwise i will make them to do it, no escaping stuff will work with me .

Also could you please let me know from where did you get that chrome thing on the front of your car, also if possible can you post a front picture of you car .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 7th February 2012 at 12:31.
Schoudhury is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed