Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2017, 09:46   #31
BHPian

Re: New Car Smell and Headache - Is that true?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnerr View Post
@EPMV
Do you wanna try giving the ground coffee / coffee seeds a shot? They have odor absorbing qualities.
I can confirm that this works. Back in Dec 2015 when Chennai floods had created havoc on my car, water mixed with sewage had entered my car and spoiled the carpet. Until it could be cleaned and dried properly in the sun (which was a good 15 days later) freshly ground coffee was what I had used to neutralize the odor and keep using the car.
Old 1st November 2018, 21:42   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Beware of that new car smell

My new Verna is giving me a headache every time I drive it. I have ordered a Dr charcoal packet from Amazon and hope it will eliminate the smell and the headache. Hope it works. Can anything else be done?
sumeethaldankar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 09:43   #33
BHPian

I would suggest trying Freshly ground coffee (preferably with chicory mixed) . It has worked on my car (see earlier post) and my flood affected fridge.
Now after I moved to the states, I still use it after my weekly jaunts to supermarket for fish. Since it is cold here in the states I do not have any option to roll down the windows. So once done with transporting fish, I buy those McDonald's coffee and leave them in the car and voila the car is smelling with fresh coffee, enough to give you a high.

Last edited by DWind : 2nd November 2018 at 09:47.
DWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 20:59   #34
BHPian

After all is said and done, I want to know, is there any tried and tested car perfume which actually smell like the new car smell?
Old 26th February 2019, 16:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjnnbagal View Post
After all is said and done, I want to know, is there any tried and tested car perfume which actually smell like the new car smell?
I've not tried it but the Chemical Guys New car smell perfume is supposed to be quite close to the actual scent
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2019, 12:13   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I've not tried it but the Chemical Guys New car smell perfume is supposed to be quite close to the actual scent
Sorry, whose perfume?
Looking to try out one.
Old 4th April 2019, 15:09   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Sorry, whose perfume?
Looking to try out one.
Chemical Guys New Car Smell air freshener spray
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 18:22   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Recent research in Japan has shown that the new car smell that majority of us love is actually toxic and could trigger headaches, nausea, drowsiness, sore throats and prolonged exposure could probably even lead to cancer! (ouch!). Frankly the cancer part sounds a bit far fetched to me. Car makers are working to reduce the gases and chemicals that lead to the new car smell. Maybe one day we may get a new car with none of that lovely new car smell.
I have been experiencing this since the past 3 days. Every time I am stepping in my new car I am feeling dizzy and getting a headache. I have tried putting baking soda in a tray and gassing out the car (parking it in direct sunlight with windows slightly open).
The smell is slowly diminishing and I am feeling more and more comfortable in the car.
amandeepkamboj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks