Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 12:58   #1
BHPian

Wagon R Issues (wanted advice)

Hi Friends,

I have a wagon r vxi(2007) that has done 31000 kms. Lately there has been some issues with the car that are:-

Issue 1: Since the past month there has been a noise coming from the steering column. The creeking noise only comes when I turn the car. The sound that comes is the same like when a non oiled door closes or opens.
Issue 2: There is also a thud sound that comes from the underbody when I travel over pot holes, this sounds as if some nut is loose.

I went to MASS and asked them to verify the problems. For Issue1 they said the whole steering rack and bush has to be changed which will cost around 4k(3k for changing + 1k for some alignment). For Issue 2 they recommended to changed the bush that is attached to shocks or wheel(Did not understand whether it was shocks or wheels). This will cost around 1k.

My question for the gurus is to please let me know whether this appears to be genuine on part of MASS as I think 30 k kms is relatively small distance to have these changes. When I asked MASS whether oiling might remove the noise that is present in issue they straightaway refused and said no oiling is done on steering column.

Seriously now I have started to believe that cost of maintaining a maruti is actually more than other cars or is it the MASS people who are trying to rip off people.

Please do let me know if you require any other details.

Thanks
Old 26th March 2010, 13:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by footloose15 View Post
Hi Friends,

I have a wagon r vxi(2007) that has done 31000 kms. Lately there has been some issues with the car that are:-

Issue 1: Since the past month there has been a noise coming from the steering column. The creeking noise only comes when I turn the car. The sound that comes is the same like when a non oiled door closes or opens.
Issue 2: There is also a thud sound that comes from the underbody when I travel over pot holes, this sounds as if some nut is loose.

I went to MASS and asked them to verify the problems. For Issue1 they said the whole steering rack and bush has to be changed which will cost around 4k(3k for changing + 1k for some alignment). For Issue 2 they recommended to changed the bush that is attached to shocks or wheel(Did not understand whether it was shocks or wheels). This will cost around 1k.

My question for the gurus is to please let me know whether this appears to be genuine on part of MASS as I think 30 k kms is relatively small distance to have these changes. When I asked MASS whether oiling might remove the noise that is present in issue they straightaway refused and said no oiling is done on steering column.

Seriously now I have started to believe that cost of maintaining a maruti is actually more than other cars or is it the MASS people who are trying to rip off people.

Please do let me know if you require any other details.

Thanks

Is your issue like more of an audible whine when the steering is in full lock possition? If yes its the motor which is supposed to cutoff at full lock, this will not cause any problem, i have had this problem in my lancer for a very long time.

The second issue sounds more like a suspension unloading sound, this is usually herd when the car goes over a pot hole. The first fix is to get the rubber bushes changed else change the sturts.

Pramod
Old 26th March 2010, 13:13   #3
sakthi350

Its common with Maruti

Your issue 1:This is nothing but drive shaft replacement & does comes with all the Maruti's(especially with wagon r , 800, alto & Omni but at a later stage) , it usually come at around 40k -50k , but in your case you have got this problen by 31 k itself. so nothing to worry about its the usual thing which happens with maruti vechile.So far we have owned about 3 maruti cars all the cars had this problem when it had clocked 40k to 50k.

Issue 2: sorry , I am not aware of it.

From my experiance of owing 3 maruti vechile , I can assure that it is the cheapest and reliable to car to own in our country.

Most Viewed