Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2017, 15:44   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hydraulic Clutches - Why the hardness, even when condition is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Here is my setup. The white pipe is from water purifier Aqua Guard. The transparent pipe is just a common rubber pipe. Both cost me Rs 10 each.
Good work. You could also get a glycerin syringe from a medical/surgical supplies store. Better suction and higher capacity. I have 80/100 ml ones I use for removing excess engine oil after a service sometimes.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th December 2017 at 15:51.
Old 13th December 2017, 17:46   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Good work. You could also get a glycerin syringe from a medical/surgical supplies store. Better suction and higher capacity. I have 80/100 ml ones I use for removing excess engine oil after a service sometimes.
yes, there is definite advantage of removing the old brake fluid first from the reservoir itself rather than extracting old fluid from the lines. This way 3/4 of your job is already done, as only 1/4 remaining oil is in the lines.
Old 18th January 2022, 23:09   #63
BHPian

Hi Team,

I use a 2014 Petrol Sail UVA 32k on odometer, this is a
Pre-owned certified car, I have been using it for little over a year
Hydraulic Clutches - Why the hardness, even when condition is good-img_20201119_120158.jpg

Till now it has been a great experience owning the car,
The car has been parked for 5 days after serving and
During the servicing mechanic head checked the clutch wire which he found to be ok

Now today when I took the car out for spin realised the
Clutch has become very very hard, it was so hard that after driving for
about 15 minutes that legs muscle started hurting badly

While I will have to take the car to a mechanic, can experts here please suggest, what could be the possible suspects for a clutch becoming hard suddenly

Edit: Quick update - hardness of the clutch is gone by it's own

Last edited by vb-saan : 21st January 2022 at 11:21. Reason: Merged to the previous post
Old 1st August 2023, 10:49   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Update after 2 years: Got the pressure plate, clutch release bearing changed too but still the clutch is hard. Clutch plate was in prefect shape so it was not changed.

What left to change to make it light? I have compared with other Accent and it does feel hard.
Update after 8 years. New issue have cropped up with the clutch. In the morning clutch is as soft as a new car but as you drive and engine becomes hot, the clutch would also become hard. The hotter the engine gets, harder the clutch pedal is.

If AC is turned on then clutch pedal would be almost impossible to push. Also when the pedal becomes hard, clutch starts to slip and at time car will not even climb a small slope as the clutch is slipping. in morning its all good, it doesn't slip and clutch is also soft.

I have replaced the clutch fluid twice and issue is still the same.

I figured out the slave cylinder is causing this problem, if we pour water over it and cool it down, clutch will instantly become soft again. What could be the reason for this behavior of slave cylinder? Also I noticed that when the pedal is hard and I open the nut to bleed oil from slave cylinder, no oil would come out. oil comes only when cylinder is cooled down.
Old 1st August 2023, 11:29   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Update after 8 years. New issue have cropped up with the clutch. In the morning clutch is as soft as a new car but as you drive and engine becomes hot, the clutch would also become hard. The hotter the engine gets, harder the clutch pedal is.
You have diagonised the issue correctly. Replace the clutch slave cylinder and it will solve the clutch hardness problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks