Team-BHP - Left Side Unlucky?? Help with
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Left Side Unlucky?? Help with (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/79164-left-side-unlucky-help.html)

Primus is 4 months old and on two ocassions for no fault of hers, she has had someone drive into her!!

Now I need to get both the dents removed. It hurts to drive around with them. Pics I am posting, what would be the approx cost involved and how much closer to original form can they get back to??

Episode one - 20th February 2010
Car parked at a farmhouse where there is a music festival taking place. Parking area was uneven farmland. 100's or maybe more cars parked. Parked the car and went for the festival. Came back 6 hrs later to find that someone had driven into the left rear side (near gas tank cap). I'm trying to figure out how the person even did that.

As you can see the dent from episode two is also visible towards the door.

Episode two - 7th April 2010
Was driving to work in the morning. The regular route I take was super crowded. I was behind a bus at a bus stop. Decided to over take the bus from the left, so pulled out and inched my way forward. Then at one point had to stop because of oncoming traffic. My luck that while taking off, the bus rolled back into my car. Leaving a dent that looks atleast half an inch deep at a corner near the rear door. This one I have my doubts about getting back to original form. Paint has peeled. Base coat has not peeled luckily

What is the approx damage that should happen to my pocket? That is three places of working needed. And will it come back to original form even with the touch up to the paint??

And both are on the same side, the left side of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoxicangel (Post 1827104)
Primus is 4 months old and on two ocassions for no fault of hers, she has had someone drive into her!!

Now I need to get both the dents removed. It hurts to drive around with them. Pics I am posting, what would be the approx cost involved and how much closer to original form can they get back to??

Episode one - 20th February 2010
Car parked at a farmhouse where there is a music festival taking place. Parking area was uneven farmland. 100's or maybe more cars parked. Parked the car and went for the festival. Came back 6 hrs later to find that someone had driven into the left rear side (near gas tank cap). I'm trying to figure out how the person even did that.

As you can see the dent from episode two is also visible towards the door.

Episode two - 7th April 2010
Was driving to work in the morning. The regular route I take was super crowded. I was behind a bus at a bus stop. Decided to over take the bus from the left, so pulled out and inched my way forward. Then at one point had to stop because of oncoming traffic. My luck that while taking off, the bus rolled back into my car. Leaving a dent that looks atleast half an inch deep at a corner near the rear door. This one I have my doubts about getting back to original form. Paint has peeled. Base coat has not peeled luckily

What is the approx damage that should happen to my pocket? That is three places of working needed. And will it come back to original form even with the touch up to the paint??

And both are on the same side, the left side of the car.

Hi,

No touch up can be done in these cases and the entire panel has to be painted. You can look at a cost of around 4.5k per panel if done from an authorised service centre.

However, please go through this thread posted by me and decide accordingly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...corrosion.html

intoxicangel from the looks of it, the door and the side panel on the left side needs to be painted. Definitely a touch up job wont bring it back in shape. Take it a professional painter and get it done or else you always have the choice of going to a MASS which works cheaper than delearship owned service stations.

If you claim insurance you can get it all done in one shot and you will end up paying the labor charges for the same. Ideally less than 1500/- Rs only for labor. Insurance will cover the rest.

Just in case you don't intend to claim insurance and decide to pay upfront , am sure it will leave your pockets lighter by a minimum of 5k at-least.

Either ways, if you want to get your car back into shape, no touch up jobs please. Also if you live around bangalore north, try NEXUS (MASS) in Sanjaynagar. Pretty reasonable prices when it comes to paint jobs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1827293)
intoxicangel from the looks of it, the door and the side panel on the left side needs to be painted. Definitely a touch up job wont bring it back in shape. Take it a professional painter and get it done or else you always have the choice of going to a MASS which works cheaper than delearship owned service stations.

If you claim insurance you can get it all done in one shot and you will end up paying the labor charges for the same. Ideally less than 1500/- Rs only for labor. Insurance will cover the rest.

Just in case you don't intend to claim insurance and decide to pay upfront , am sure it will leave your pockets lighter by a minimum of 5k at-least.

Either ways, if you want to get your car back into shape, no touch up jobs please. Also if you live around bangalore north, try NEXUS (MASS) in Sanjaynagar. Pretty reasonable prices when it comes to paint jobs.

Hmmm.. thats a no brainer then!! it has to be a proper paint job!! My car is due for service sometime next month to RNS, any idea of how good a job they do??

Insurance I don't think I want to considering the car is less than 6 months old and it is kinda going to increase my premium the next year around!!

But shall check out Nexus as well!!

get it done at service center, as your car is new, and there are no rubber parts involved, depreciation etc will be nil.

Claim insurance, your pockets would be lighter by 1k (insurance charges etc) rest all as I see is labour job primarily only as no parts needs replacement. You will get refunded for that by the insurance company. Check if the Service center deals cashless claims from your insurer.

Why will your premium increase if you claim insurance ? The premium will be calculated on the basis of depreciated car value and no claim bonus, check how much NCB you can get (or Lose)

if out of pocket then expect 6-7 k easily from MASS.

Quote:

Insurance I don't think I want to considering the car is less than 6 months old and it is kinda going to increase my premium the next year around!!
Go the MASS way then. RNS is quite expensive with their paint jobs + labor and the quality of job is something I really don't want to comment on.

With Nexus yes, I have had extremely good experiences with them when my baleno and alto needed minor paint jobs on the bumper. Their prices are pretty competent incomparo to the dealership owned service centers.

Had a similar thing on my 20 day old Dzire. Hit and run resulted in my bumper being fully damaged. And my wind shield cracked when a stone hit it. Got both replaced during first service. Cost around 5k:Frustrati. Paid 50% for rubber components, 2.5k to grease the surveyor's hand (2 different incidence shown as a single accident). 500 for claims and stuffs. Sagar auto at Bannergahta Road did a decent job, though there some was paint chipped of when fitting (about a ball pen's tip size). Not outstanding but above decent job.