Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 13:07   #16

Hi
I have a fiat Adventue 1.6 too and thinking which sequential kit to be installed on it . Now a days all major companies have sequential gas kits - I know in Cedia they use BRC and that seems to be good . How ever Tartarini also seems to be good - Can some one share some info on sequential lPG kits please ?
thx
harish
Old 5th August 2009, 20:09   #17
BHPian

hey Harish,
BRC is a very good kit, but it is more expensive when compared to lovato. In addition, you may not be able to get local made spares for a cheap rate. I dont know about tartini. if you are in bangalore, i know good gas retrofitters.
for your car, i guess a closed loop kit should be good enough, unless you want to spend a heavy amount on a gas kit for a car which does not have much of a market value.
cheers,
Harsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by harifire View Post
Hi
I have a fiat Adventue 1.6 too and thinking which sequential kit to be installed on it . Now a days all major companies have sequential gas kits - I know in Cedia they use BRC and that seems to be good . How ever Tartarini also seems to be good - Can some one share some info on sequential lPG kits please ?
thx
harish
Old 5th August 2009, 20:20   #18
BHPian

Hi There,

am using a BRC sequential kit on my Palio 1.6 GTX SP from last 2 years. since day one there has been no problems with respect to maintenance or pickup or mileage. I would suggest you to go for only sequential kit for LPG
Old 6th August 2009, 09:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

How much did the sequental kit it cost.
Old 6th August 2009, 09:54   #20
BHPian

I have been using Lovato LPG kit since 2006 in my Petra 1.6.
My answers are there in bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
We're looking to retrofit an approved LPG kit in our Palio Adventure and I don't know much about these so have a few questions.

1. Which are the approved and recommended brands ?
A. Go for Lovato (Auto Gas India) closed circuit.
2. Where in Delhi (preferably Lajpat Nagar) can I find a dependable and reliable dealer ?
A. Talk to Autogas guys (based out of Gurgaon).
3. What would be the economy I get ? (we're getting 9 in the city and 13-15 on the Highway with A/C on Petrol )
A. ~1KMPL drop from petrol mileage
4. Can the AutoLPG cylinder be filled from a household LPG cylinder ?
A. Yes!
5. How safe is it ?
A. Neither safe nor legal. NOT RECOMMENDED!
6. What capacities are the cylinders available in and what range can I expect ?
A. Go for 60 ltr
7. What would be the cost of such a kit ?
A. Should be around 27 K (closed circuit; including RTO)
8. How much boot space would it take up ?
A. ~65 ltr (if cylinder capacity is 60 ltr); no worries here as a FIAT has huge boot

Also, any and all advice and recommendations are welcome.

I want to get this work done before the 16th-17th of October.

cheers

zaphod
Cheers,
Deepak

Last edited by deepgautam_qa : 6th August 2009 at 09:55.
Old 6th August 2009, 11:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
How much did the sequental kit it cost.
HI Gemithomas,

The kit did cost 54K during Sept-Oct 2007. I think the prices have come down these days. When I talked to that guys recently he mentioned that same installation can be done at 45K now. I hope a negotiation will bring it down further.
Old 7th August 2009, 08:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Difference between sequential and closed loop

What is the difference in having a closed loop system and a sequential system. AS far as i know the closed loop send in the gas through the air intake system while the sequential one injects the gas directly into the cumbustion chamber. Am i right?

My question is what is the major difference that a user has in spending that extra money and going in for a sequential Kit over a closed loop at a much lower price.

--------
PS: Zaphod: I hope i am not hijacking your thread. Thought you would also be interested in knowing this and hence posted it here. In case you feel this needs to be put as a new thread please do report it to mods.

Last edited by gemithomas : 7th August 2009 at 09:00.
Old 7th August 2009, 14:10   #23
BHPian

Sequential system injects gas into the intake manifold while in a closed loop system the gas is introduced at the mouth of throttle body thru a mixer. The introduction of this mixer causes a severe restriction in the intake airflow of the system which causes reduction in power at the top end of the engine RPM . This performance reduction is also present in the petrol mode. Further the closed loop system is of hardly any use since it takes information from the TPS and lambda sensor and via a stepper motor controlled valve reduces or increases the gas flow but the reaction to the feedback is too slow to be of any consequence for the performance of the engine it his basically a more helpful as a pollution control device. Further the whole air intake system of the engine from mixer to the throttle body to the intake manifold, which BTW is usually made of plastic, is filled with a potentially explosive mixture of gas and air which can under certain conditions explode and cause severe damage to the whole air intake system.
Sequential injection get rids of all the above problems by not causing any air restriction and also having a proper gas ecu which control the multipoint gas injection in real time thus giving the benefit of a modern ecu controlled fuel injection system which is not present in the mixer type of gas system which can be compared to a crude carburetor.
There are even more advanced lpg injection system which are known as Liquid phase sequential LPG injection system.
ask77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2009, 14:20   #24
BHPian

Thanks Ask77 for answering that.

To add to that, in closed loop LPG system, I was told that the ECM used for LPG it self acts as the master ECM and does not take the input from the Factory ECM of the car. Where as in Sequential injection system it is configured as a Master/Slave configuration and the Petrol(factory) ECM does control the LPG one and added to that the ECM values are also downloaded from The Master to Slave(LPG).

This would ensure that there are no side affects like that can lead to the failure of any Engine components.

My two cents. Please correct/add more information if anything missing!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks