Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2005, 10:06   #1
BHPian

Want to fit LPG Kit to Palio Adventure 1.6

We're looking to retrofit an approved LPG kit in our Palio Adventure and I don't know much about these so have a few questions.

1. Which are the approved and recommended brands ?
2. Where in Delhi (preferably Lajpat Nagar) can I find a dependable and reliable dealer ?
3. What would be the economy I get ? (we're getting 9 in the city and 13-15 on the Highway with A/C on Petrol )
4. Can the AutoLPG cylinder be filled from a household LPG cylinder ?
5. How safe is it ?
6. What capacities are the cylinders available in and what range can I expect ?
7. What would be the cost of such a kit ?
8. How much boot space would it take up ?

Also, any and all advice and recommendations are welcome.

I want to get this work done before the 16th-17th of October.

cheers

zaphod
Old 7th October 2005, 15:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

i wouldnt know about the palio adventure but one of my friends got his Swift fitted with an LPG kit from Lovato...its called the electronic kit and cost about 12k...it doesnt come with a tank though and he's using a LPG cylinder of 14kg capacity...with this he gets about 275 km range in town..I think the tank would set you back by an additional 5 or 6k, but i am not sure...

Also about filling your tank with gas from a cylinder....some kind of hand pump is available to do this but I dont know if that's legal or not.
Old 7th October 2005, 15:14   #3
BANNED

where in mumbai can i get a good reliable lpg kit...for an opel corsa sail
Old 7th October 2005, 15:21   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
Also about filling your tank with gas from a cylinder....some kind of hand pump is available to do this but I dont know if that's legal or not.
As far as I know, using domestic LPG for car is not legal. You need to get it from LPG gas stations for automobiles. Besides, the LPG cylinders designed for car use have safety features built in that are not needed in the regular home cylinders.

And using the hand pump is not safe at all. People do it all the time .... but then people do a lot of things all the time.

cheers
Old 7th October 2005, 15:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadudeonfire
where in mumbai can i get a good reliable lpg kit...for an opel corsa sail
Suman LPG 28756875!

As far as putting LPG in Palio Adventure goes it can surely be done! I have seen 1.6GTXes with it and i dont think there will be any problem fitting it with the Adventure! It should cost 24K for a full LPG kit with 50L tank!
Old 7th October 2005, 16:23   #6

I have retrofitted my palio 1.2 ELX with a Zavoli kit and its workin beautifully. its RTO endorsed n covered under insurance too. I've gone in for a toroidal tank which fits ionto the stepney space and doesnt look unsightly as those horrid cylindrical tank. The tank id made in poland and certified for safety and comes with a warranty. Kit is Zavoli, entire thing plus instalation costs 25 k. go ahead, you'll recover the investment within a year. i used to get 10.5 kpl on petrol, i get 10 now. no change in pickup, its even smoother, i would dare say.

and please dont't even think of going for a domestic cylinder thingie, pleassseee. It just isnt worth saving that lil bit of money, too much at stake. safety for instance and the dilli polis challans for another!

Last edited by vavavroom! : 7th October 2005 at 16:29.
Old 8th October 2005, 10:22   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the advice.

I will get the approved kit fitted and not use a household cylinder because of safety reasons as well as it apparently voids your insurance.

However, due to the lack of AutoLPG stations around I will be forced to fill up the car from
household cylinders using the portable pump.

Zavoli ? There was also a brand I'd heard of, called Tartarini ? from Italy ?

which would be the best and the safest ?

cheers

zaphod
Old 8th October 2005, 11:45   #8

Hi,Zaphod.
I own a retrofittment centre for LPG in Mumbai.Following are your answers for your queries
1.There r many kits in the market most of them r imported from Italy.The kit's performance depend upon the quality of kits & above all the quality of retrofittment.We use Lovato & Longas kits which r the safest & the best in the business.
2.I don't have the information about Delhi right now.
3.You get the same mileage in LPG as in Petrol ,at worse there would be a drop of 1km/ltr,but the difference between Petrol & lpg is around 50% therefore you save minimum of 50% in LPG.
4.There r some pumps available which r used to transfer LPG from cylinder to tank but it is not advisable as it carries lot of risk.
5.With the explosion proof Tanks and pipeline & with multivalves LPG is even safer than Petrol.
6.There are cylinder's available in 50 ltrs & 60 ltrs capacity ,there r also customised cylinders available in 35 ltrs for smaller car's to save dicky space.
7.The cost of LPG kit Is RS 21000/ for carburettor cars and Rs 23000/for MPFI cars both excluding R.T.O charges which depends upon registration authority.
I hope you must have got all your answers.You can write to me for more info anytime
Bye
Prem
Old 8th October 2005, 11:50   #9

Hi,I am Pramesh owns a LPG govt approved centre in Grant road mumbai. You can call me on 9322825237 for further inquiries. We fit Lovato & Longas kits for carb & Mpfi cars.which carry 12months warranty.
Bye
Prem
Old 8th October 2005, 15:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Pramesh! Can you please enlighten us about the LPG kit which has an ECU too where you can calibrate pick up and top speed?
Old 9th October 2005, 00:36   #11
BHPian

guys ive heard u get lpg cylinders that are placed in the dickey in the place of the stephny.....thats it the size of one wheel.... is it true if so can we have more details on that as of the cost & how many kgs cylinder it will be??
Old 25th October 2005, 00:12   #12

For more info on Government approved LPG kits from Lovato Italy, contact www.autogas-india.com official importers for Lovato in North India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod
We're looking to retrofit an approved LPG kit in our Palio Adventure and I don't know much about these so have a few questions.

1. Which are the approved and recommended brands ?
2. Where in Delhi (preferably Lajpat Nagar) can I find a dependable and reliable dealer ?
3. What would be the economy I get ? (we're getting 9 in the city and 13-15 on the Highway with A/C on Petrol )
4. Can the AutoLPG cylinder be filled from a household LPG cylinder ?
5. How safe is it ?
6. What capacities are the cylinders available in and what range can I expect ?
7. What would be the cost of such a kit ?
8. How much boot space would it take up ?

Also, any and all advice and recommendations are welcome.

I want to get this work done before the 16th-17th of October.

cheers

zaphod
Old 25th October 2005, 00:32   #13

Use an 60/75 ltr tank on Adventure.....that would give more range and lesser refils..Performance remains almost same as on Petrol provided you use right equipments like the Lambda controller to ensure correct fuel air ratio (commonly known as Closed Loop Systems for MPFi cars).
Old 25th October 2005, 10:19   #14
Team-BHP Support

zaphod you can go for a cng kit as number of cng statiions in delhi is large. With cng you can have dual fuel option so for out of town trips you can stay on petrol when you run out of cng. cng is cheaper to run than LPG by around 30%
Old 25th October 2005, 19:19   #15
Senior - BHPian

I think Delhi is the only city with CNG network. I heard it takes a long time to fillup a CNG versus LPG....anybody comment?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks