Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 12:42   #16
Team-BHP Support

I smell a rat too. I think during the AC repair, they goofed up somewhere (forgot to put in an important part perhaps). Now these guys don't like to admit that they made a mistake - so they probably put the blame on the spark plugs (after rectifying the original goof up).
Old 12th January 2011, 22:49   #17
IMP
BHPian

re: Chevrolet Optra, drinking petrol- Help!

Didn't want to start a new thread, hence reviving a old one - Today morning i noticed that the engine check light on my 2003 Optra 1.8 was lit up, went immediately to the service centre for a scan, it seems the O2 sensor has malfunctioned.

need some advice

The authorised service centre has quoted @8k for the replacement. Is this price alright?

The sensor is not in stock and will take 8-10 days to arrive, so i asked whether it is alright to use the car with the engine check light on, the service advisor said its not a problem except the mileage would take a dip. What do you guys think? also would it impact my cat-con?

I can feel the engine more responsive and more powerful than before, the car just wants to pull in every gear. Thoroughly enjoyed driving a Camaro today Don't know the impact on the mileage though.
Old 12th January 2011, 22:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Optra, drinking petrol- Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
I can feel the engine more responsive and more powerful than before, the car just wants to pull in every gear. Thoroughly enjoyed driving a Camaro today Don't know the impact on the mileage though.
Probably running a little richer. Should have no effect other than FE, just make sure you are not getting black smoke.
Old 12th January 2011, 23:18   #19
IMP
BHPian

@Mpower - will check for black smoke tomorrow. Do you have any idea about the prices?
Old 13th January 2011, 01:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

8K sounds high. Should be able to get a Bosch sensor for 3.5-5K from outside.
Old 13th January 2011, 16:54   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you have any idea about the prices?
The O2 sensor seems to be a weak spot with the Optra. Rudra had his replaced too and, going by his thread, 8 grand seems about right if you are going the authorised service station way (He paid Rs. 8,300 including taxes + labour).
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 06:56   #22
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine recently acquired a Jan 2004 Optra 1.8 LS. Now the engine check light turns ON.

Where do I get the scan done from and what is the charge of the scan?
Old 20th July 2011, 12:40   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post

Where do I get the scan done from and what is the charge of the scan?
At the nearest Chevrolet authorized service center. And there will be no charges for the scan either.

Sometimes, the reason for engine light turning ON could be because of loose or unplugged cables/wires. If that's the case, your friend could just drive in and drive out in 5 minutes.

But if the scan turns up something more serious, ask your friend to be ready to go back home in an auto or a taxi!
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2011, 13:14   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't want to start a new thread, hence reviving a old one - Today morning i noticed that the engine check light on my 2003 Optra 1.8 was lit up, went immediately to the service centre for a scan, it seems the O2 sensor has malfunctioned.

need some advice

The authorised service centre has quoted @8k for the replacement. Is this price alright?

The sensor is not in stock and will take 8-10 days to arrive, so i asked whether it is alright to use the car with the engine check light on, the service advisor said its not a problem except the mileage would take a dip. What do you guys think? also would it impact my cat-con?

HI

I too have been facing the same issue with my Optra 1.6 platinum. The mileage has dropped but there is no black smoke. But the engine has become very.. very.. responsive. The Car truly drives great in any gear.

I did a ECM reset yesterday, traveled to Pune today so yet to see the result of change in mileage.

Any suggestions/past experiences

Regards

Pashin
Old 29th July 2011, 19:20   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashin View Post
Any suggestions/past experiences
Plugin an OBD reader, and if its an O2 sensor issue, it will show up. You can also status of all sensors.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks