Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 01:21   #1

Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 Sport - Strut Guide Problem (Front Suspension)

I had been to Waynad - a weekend trip between april 3rd and april 5th. This morning, that is, 11th of April 2010, since the car was real dirty, thought to taking the car to Concorde BBII workshop located near Kudal Gate, enroute to Electronic city.

Had the car washed and requested the mechanic to check for any dents on the silencer as I had run it through some huge speed breakers enroute to Waynad. Suddenly, when we banged each tyre, we heard some vibrations on the front left hand side tyre. When we carefully checked, Adi (Popular fiat mechanic at concorde BB II Unit) said that there is slight play and the reason for this is the strut guide support.

I did some research on the net and figured out the following diagram for strut:

I also consulted my friend Kuttappa, who was the key person for me buying this wonderful car Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport on this issue. He was of the opinion that, its very rare the Strut guide support causes problems. One of the other important thing mentioned by him is that the suspension of Fiat Palio is real strong and there shouldnt be a reason why this could have happened.

Now, coming to my question to all the seniors at Team BHP,

a) Importance of this guide support?
b) What would happen, if I ignore this problem and just drive (As of now, I do not have any symptoms - like sound while running over humps etc..)?
c) has any body faced the same problem earlier? and if Yes, please guide me

However, I have asked Concorde BBII Unit, Bangalore to place a order for this part, which they said costs around Rs 900/- with labor around 400/-.

Thank you - Santosh Punagin
Attached Images

Old 1st May 2010, 14:29   #2

Fiat Strut Guide... anybody from Fiat India here?

Hi,

M still waiting for people to help me with the problem of strut guide support. Is there anybody from Fiat who can help me on this please?

Best Regards,
Santosh Punagin

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks