Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2010, 21:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Defogger indicator glowing in the instrument cluster for no reason.

Today while going on drive I noticed that there was a light glowing in the instrument cluster of my car (Zen Estilo). On reading the manual it was mentioned that particilar indicator glows when the defogger/ demisters is switched on.
I am pretty sure it was not switched on, I even switched it on and off again, just to be doubly sure, but still no luck.
I still have no clue what to do.
Hope it is not a big issue, or is it? My service is due two months hence, should I go to the service center and have it checked. Please help
Old 11th April 2010, 21:41   #2
Senior - BHPian

Nothing to worry, probably a malfunction of the light. If everything else is fine, wait for the service.
Old 12th April 2010, 14:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Nothing to worry, probably a malfunction of the light. If everything else is fine, wait for the service.
Hi Sachin, thanks for the points.
One additional thing I wanted to ask is is there someway that I can check if the thing has got switched on by some snag etc.
Will the defogger film be warm if I touch that, How can I make sure that its not working at all.
Old 13th April 2010, 18:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Sachin, thanks for the points.
One additional thing I wanted to ask is is there someway that I can check if the thing has got switched on by some snag etc.
Will the defogger film be warm if I touch that, How can I make sure that its not working at all.

I guess not. No, there is no harm in touching the rear window with the defogger on. Though warm, it is nothing dangerous of sort. Get it right here, its WARM, not HOT. Once you start the car, let the car idle for 5 min and see if your rear windows have heated up, you will get to know whether the defogger is switched on or not.
Old 14th April 2010, 11:42   #5
Team-BHP Support

Thats a strange issue.

I'm not to familiar with the Zen Estilo, but :
1) Why does the defogger have a light on the instrument cluster? Usually its on the switch.
2) Are you sure its the defogger light and not fog-light or something else?

If it is indeed the defogger, you can look around the periphery of your rear glass for a removable wire connector. If you find one, unplug it to be on the safe side.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks