Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Vote ONLY if you are an i20 owner. How do you find the air-conditioner effectiveness?
Excellent (Chilly) 21 26.25%
Average (Just about manages) 36 45.00%
Poor (Inadequate) 23 28.75%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 14:12   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Weak Hyundai i20 air-conditioner. EDIT : Test results on pg. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can you illustrate how to clean the AC filter in a i20?Is it a DIY thing or needs to be taken to the HASS?
Its a DIY thing.

Check out i20's user manual Page 9/33 for instructions on how to remove climate control air filter.
Btw the maintenance section in i20's manual is amazing!!!

It has all the info you'd normally go to HASS for!!

Everything from battery servicing, Tire maintenance and tire code decoding, fuses, Light bulbs
(how to remove headlight assembly and how to access all the bulbs around the car as well as inside for easy DIY changing(and modding! )

Exterior body maintenance like washing, waxing, getting scratches touched up to prevent rust etc. Waxing chrome, underbody care as well as interior detailing and garage maintenance!!!

I'm nothing but superbly impressed by reading the manual!! Kudos to Hyundai for the info included in the manual

Now all I need is the service manual for the engine and mechanical parts!
sohail99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2011, 16:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

Guys I dont know if this has been discussed here but the design of the air vents have been changed. So is it actually helpful? I have been reading in one of the previous pages that it could be the design of the vent that is causing the problem. So??

Here's a pic http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2316190
Old 27th April 2011, 17:52   #243
Senior - BHPian

I think the new design is better at directing air!

Currently, I have to use my left arm(holding the steering) to bounce off air to my face lol!!

The vent spaces are relatively slim compared to generic vents in other cars and longitudinal fins are better suited to slim vent design.
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:29   #244
BHPian

@ Sagar - I did not do it myself, so can not comment on the cleaning process. I got it done during my3rd service. The results were good and itstill chills ( may not be immediate) even after 3 months of cleaning.
Old 26th September 2011, 16:40   #245
BHPian

Guys hows the A/c now on 2011 Crdi i 20's ??
Owners please respond.
Old 27th September 2011, 08:26   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post
Guys hows the A/c now on 2011 Crdi i 20's ??
Owners please respond.
Atleast for me, it is very good, in cooling. Last weekend I parked the car outside in hot sun, and inside was burning hot. Once I powered on the AC, it took almost 3 min to cool the interiors to around 23 degrees (from 32 degrees outside temperature). After 10 min it was really chilling inside, while I was driving in the hot sun.

Note: I own a 2011 may i20 Asta CRDi.
rishie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:58   #247
BHPian

i own one of the oldest crdi i20's around (2009 magna 5 speed)and i have said it from day one ...
the AC is grossly inadequate for this car
the vent on drivers left hand side does not direct air correctly( not enough to the right hand side)
the below rear seat vents are useless...
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:17   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drasitkhanna View Post
i own one of the oldest crdi i20's around (2009 magna 5 speed)and i have said it from day one ...
the AC is grossly inadequate for this car
the vent on drivers left hand side does not direct air correctly( not enough to the right hand side)
the below rear seat vents are useless...
So agree with the feedback... Vents cannot direct. Below vents, i did not realise there is something like that even after owning the car for 2 yrs +...
Old 30th October 2011, 01:10   #249
BHPian

Being one of the first i20 owners in the forum, Jan 2009 (1.2 Asta), I have realized that this problem has persisted from the very beginning. The a/c gives me great cooling after every service and after everytime I clean the A/C filter which as said here is in front of the passenger seat.

I always love to rev a bit on the higher side for any gear I am in, this is compared to the normal Indian; mileage conscious, driving style. When I drive like this, I feel that the a/c provides me good cooling.

But, and this is a big BUT, when I drive with my parents in the car, I usually drive much more sedately, avoid the revving noise. In this driving style, the a/c is highly inadequate. Same situation follows whenever my dad drives too.

Does revving the car give its compressor and the refrigerant system a boost? Just asking. And following all these discussions, will it be possible to retrofit the new design vents on the older models?
Old 22nd February 2013, 11:03   #250
BHPian

Hello Everyone, I have a 2013 i20 Sportz (Petrol). I have noticed that if I keep the automatic climate control on 19 degree's or less only then does it cool well. Also the AC blower on full power yields very poor cooling!

Should I get the gas checked during the first service or is this normal with the new i20 too?
Old 22nd February 2013, 15:03   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post

Hello Everyone, I have a 2013 i20 Sportz (Petrol). I have noticed that if I keep the automatic climate control on 19 degree's or less only then does it cool well. Also the AC blower on full power yields very poor cooling!

Should I get the gas checked during the first service or is this normal with the new i20 too?
Hey xuv2390, first off congrats on your latest acquisition. My bro picked up a similar variant last month and its a Nice one to say the least.

Regarding the AC, I would like to provide you with 2 points which I know:

1. I-gen I20 AC seems to an improvement over its predecessor. Use the Auto AC only once you have lowered all the glasses and used the Manual mode for a while. Works really well this way.

2. AC actually Cools only in the first 2 modes. In other words, the Cooler works only in the first 2 modes.
The higher mode only is a Blower and not the actual cooler.
Old 22nd February 2013, 15:17   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuv2390 View Post
Also the AC blower on full power yields very poor cooling!
I agree with Vik0728 that the circulating air is not cooled effectively with the blower at high speed.
It is best to cool your car with the blower at top speed in the exhaust mode and the use a lower blower speed in circulation mode.
Old 8th October 2013, 09:41   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its is indeed 90cc.

I don't know about the wattage of the Blower Motor, but giving you the spec below.
Is it possible to replace the 90cc compressor to higher rating compressor at A.S.S ? Has any one done this in i20?
Old 11th October 2013, 08:31   #254
BHPian

My friend just bought a new i20 petrol magna (o) with automatic ac. Just figured out that

On switching off the ac and switching it on (by using OFF button)

OR

The ac is on and switching the car off an on

The ac resets the already selected recirculation mode off and moves it to fresh air.

Is there any way out that the recirculation mode remains selected all the time till the person himself disables it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks